zachariah's choice

Start from the beginning

"Umm. I'm not gonna lie- like your comment did make me-" Carmen started, stopping when she noticed his head falling back. "What?"

"Nothin-"

"We'll it's obviously something, for you to get all annoyed." Carmen argued back.

"It's nothin, don't worry bout it."

"I'm just saying, it wasn't even like the body count thing- it was just the comment you made after." Carmen stated. "I just feel like it was unnecessary."

"Yeah- but like it was a joke, you know. I've been single my whole life. No one said anything about Catherine kissing five guys-" Tyrique argued back.

"Yeah but Catherine didn't make a comment about it after. I'm not shaming you or whatever I'm just stating how I felt. You literally asked how I was feeling after the challenge." Carmen replied.

"Alright. Ok." he simply said, throwing his arm over her shoulder so she was rested against his side.

"I'm just saying-"

"Shut up." he whispered back just before Zach stood to his feet.

"Yo, I got a text. Zachariah, it's now time for you to make your decision as to which girl you want to couple up with. Can all islanders gather around the fire pit. #powermove #gameon"

Carmen made her way over to the fire pit with Tyrique, leaving his side to sit besides Mehdi who gave her a friendly smile. They all watched as Zach took his place at the front, his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Firstly, I'd just like to say, it's definitely not been a easy position to be in. Obviously, coming in as a bombshell, I've been given this power, it's been difficult. The reasons why I wanna couple up with this individual is because the conversations we've had have been very easy, they've felt very natural and she's also a very beautiful person. So, the girl I'd like to couple up with is.. Carmen."

Carmen smiled as she left Mehdi's side, making her way over to where Zach stood before kissing his cheek. "Thank you." she whispered.

It was silent for a moment before Mehdi revived a text. "Mehdi, you are now single. Later this week all islanders will take part in a recoupling. Anyone not picked to be in a couple will be dumped from the island." he read out.

Zach's phone then sounded causing everyone's attention to turn to where him and Carmen stood once more. "Zachariah, it's now time for you to date Carmen, up on the terrace. #sweetbeginnings."

Carmen gave a small smile to the other islanders before taking hold of the taller boys arm, the two making their way up onto the terrace.

"This is so sweet." Carmen commented after walking through the door after Zach, eyeing the sight before her. A plate filled with strawberries and melted chocolate sat on the table besides two glasses and a bottle of champagne.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked once they had both sat down, already pouring himself one.

"Please." she said with a smile, laughing when the alcohol began to spill over the rim. "That one's yours."

"We'll do a cheers though. Cheers to the first day in the villa." he said before they both took a sip.

"What would you say your like back at home. Like are you close with your family?" Carmen asked.

"Yeah, especially my mum. I literally talk to that woman-"

"Awh. Stop. I miss my mum. So your a mumma's boy?" Carmen said before laughing.

"I wouldn't say I'm a-"

"You're lying. It's okay." she continued once seeing his small smile.

"Honestly, did you know you were gonna pick me or was it an on the spot decision?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah. For sure. I feel like- after our chats I was like you know what the vibes good, Id be silly not to like-" he trailed off.

"So was it a hard decision or what?" Carmen asked after picking up one of the strawberries.

"I can't say it was a hard decision. This was completely 100% natural. Was you glad I picked you though?"

"Yeah, I feel the same. Your really easy to talk to, which I like. I didn't wanna say too much though cos I wasn't sure where your head was at, you know. But yeah- I'm glad." she smiled.

"That's definitely good to hear." Zach said, smiling at her.

"Want one?" Carmen asked after placing another strawberry into her mouth before laughing a little. "I feel bad, I've literally ate most of this side already. Do you like strawberries?"

"I do like strawberries." he said, smiling at the way she took a smaller bite.

"Have one then." she said, pushing the plate towards him causing them both to laugh. "Or are you waiting for me to feed you one?"

"Well- you can." Zach shrugged, watching as she dipped another strawberry in chocolate before bringing it closer to him. He took a bite before laughing at her concentrated face.

"It's not funny. I'm trying to not get chocolate all down your shirt. Do you want the rest or?" she said, her eyebrows raising when he leaned forward and took another bite.

"I do like how this has gone though." he said once leant back again. "It's been nice."

"Yeah, it has." she smiled at him before looking back down at the tray. "We may have to bring these down with us though."

"Course, course." he said with a smile, shaking his head.

" he said with a smile, shaking his head

remember to comment any suggestions

i think i'm gonna update every other day