where do you think cousin bella gets it from?

Start from the beginning

Sirius grits his teeth in anger.

No one dares to breathe too loud.

The camera zoomed in on Lord Black whose face was stoic but her eyes betrayed her as she looked down at her brother.

ALKAID(voiceover, thoughts): What have they done to you brother?

Something suspiciously like tears shiness in her eyes before it disappears. She could not afford to show weakness, not when Sirius depended on her, not when the whole wizarding world had eyes on her.

"Oh, Al." Sirius sighs with regret. If only future-him had not been so stupid.

The camera captures the sound of gravel thumping on the jury table as Chief Warlock Warwick clears his throat and adjusts his glasses.

CW WARWICK: We are gathered here today, the Lords of Wizengamot, to witness the trial of Sirius Black, whose appeal has been submitted by Lord Black himself. Representing the Ministry of Magic is Interrogator Moore Garfield. The defendant may now present themselves before this esteemed court.

MARCELLA (stepping forward): I am Marcella Devereux, here to defend Sirius Black, scion of the House of Black.

"I thought it would be Cae, not 'Cella." Regulus grumbled.

Andromeda stiffened having heard his thoughts, "I did not expect you to underestimate witches, Regulus Arcturus Black."

"I am not!" The Slytherin blanches. "Caelum is just less likely to call for an honor duel to death in the middle of a court hearing."

Andromeda hummed.

"Psst..."Peter leaned towards Remus, "Someone can call a death duel in a court?"

Remus smirked and shrugged. Peter paled.

Chief Warlock Warwick nods, and a man in red robes and thick glasses diligently transcribes the dialogue.

CW WARWICK: This proceeding pertains to the events of the 30th of October, 1981, in the case of the Ministry of Magic versus Sirius Orion Black. The accused has previously been charged with being an accomplice to the murders of Auror James Potter and Lily Potter, as well as the murders of thirteen Muggles. He is also accused of being a right-hand man to a known terrorist and charged with treason for sharing state secrets during his time as an Auror. Mr. Black, how do you plead?

"Sirius would never----" James burst out, "Are you bloody serious?"

Dorea did not berate him for his language, she wanted to curse out loud too, it was years of etiquette training that prevented her from letting out her frustrations.

"He is not but I am." Sirius whispered, unable to give up the opportunity to make a serious pun.

Remus facepalmed.

Marcella meets Sirius' eyes and nods encouragingly.

SIRIUS (pausing and scanning the Wizengamot): Not guilty.

Regulus breathed out a sigh of relief, at least his brother did not claim himself guilty out of some harebrained views of self-blame.

The courtroom falls silent at this declaration. Barty Crouch Sr.'s mustache twitches, his fists clench, and his knuckles turn white, revealing his displeasure.

Barty's lips twitch at the action, his ex-father deserves all the displeasure he gets.

Interrogator Garfield, a slender man with a toothbrush mustache and receding hairline, steps forward, projecting a stern and authoritative voice that belies his underwhelming appearance.