Shock My Way Out

A/N: So, I adored Across the Spider-Verse last night, and I had to write a little something about it! Mainly the last scene with Miles and his Prowler alternate from Earth-42.
Although it's nowhere near as long as the vast majority of my private WIPs and drafts, it was still a fun little scene to do!

A hole in the glove, just enough for him to touch the metal of the chains binding him against the punching bag.

It was still such a surreal experience, being face to face with the Prowler again. Except this Prowler was him, a much more dark version of him at least.

The way this alternate Miles stared at him, without any emotion and with no hesitation to kill him, was a scary sight. But he didn't have time to be scared.

He had something none of them did he knew could get him out of there in no time.

Uncle Aaron should have found better gloves.

The whirring of the armored fist next to his temple, the crackle of electricity, the music playing on the record machine near the window, and the sound of distant sirens outside didn't distract Miles from staring what seemed to be death in the face.

He took on the entire Spider Society single-handedly by himself. He wasn't scared of Earth-42's Miles Morales. Why would he be scared of an alternate version of himself?

He felt electricity thrumming in his veins, a small smirk tugging at one corner of his lips, one he hoped Earth-42 Miles and his— their? Was he both their uncle?— Uncle Aaron wouldn't notice in the dark apartment. He had enough electricity to get out, enough to disable the Prowler's equipment, too. Hell, he caused a blackout in all of New York back in his home universe. This would be no different, right?

The thought of The Spot infiltrating his universe again, the black and white flashes of his father's death— crushed by falling debris that Dalmatian bastard flung at innocent civilians— was all the motivation he needed to get a powerful charge going.

A tense moment broked by a shockwave of electricity, the restraints binding him to the punching bag snapping and flying out to hit anything they made contact with was all Miles needed to escape before being knocked out for a second time, or before he started glitching again.

He was free, and he was going to save his dad.