› 19.

"HI," was what you were greeted with as soon as you joined the call, and, almost immediately, you noted the soft, almost lazy tone of sei's voice as he spoke

"HI," you responded back, just as he did, nerves taking over and leaving you somewhat shy to speak.

"i'll turn my camera on, gimme a min," he explained. this did very little to lessen your anxiety; in fact, it seemed to multiply your nervousness by tenfold. with each passing second, and each shuffle you heard in the background, more and more anticipation crept into your mind.

you couldn't help but build up an image of sei in your mind, contemplating every defining feature you could possibly think of. his hair colour, his height, even the slope of his nose — you took your sweet time (as he took his, doing whatever it was he was doing as you waited) picking out his every characteristic to what would best suit your perception of him.

his voice broke you out of your reverie, speaking up with a, "'kay, 'm back."

"welcome back," you breathed out with a soft, airy sort of chuckle. you could hear him hum slightly on the other end of the line, fiddling with his screen — and, before you knew it, before you were prepared, he was there shown on your screen, and you were in shock.

to say he exceeded your expectations was an understatement. the picture you'd kept of him in the back of your mind did no justice to the man you were seeing — with white, fluffy hair, grey coloured eyes, (what seemed to be) a muscular build, and one of the prettiest faces you'd ever seen; the man must've been godsent.

sei was lying on his stomach with a lazy look on his face, his eyes half lidded, just as you'd expected, and you swore you could see the ghost of a smile on his lips — an amused grin, as if he were entertained by your reaction.

removing the hand you'd slapped against your mouth — you must've done it subconsciously, and it was without a doubt what had amused the boy so much — you held back a silent squeal and quickly began to fix yourself in the small mirror on your bedside table. you adjusted your hair, made sure you had no sort of smudges or crumbs on your face or your clothes, and turned on your camera.

immediately, a wave of regret and doubt drowned you — i mean, how on earth were you supposed to live up to the standard that sei set?

from sei's side of the call, you heard a slight gasp and, looking up at your screen, you noted that his mouth was parted and his eyebrows had raised in surprise. he adjusted his camera slightly, panning it to the side so his face was out of view. "you're pretty," he said, "like, really pretty." his voice was soft and soothing, the kind you could fall asleep to, and the tone of it made you even more flustered than a compliment of that caliber usually would.

"thank you," you uttered, a reddish hue slightly dusting your cheeks, too timid to speak up how you normally would. "you're pretty, too, sei," you returned the compliment, trying to regain some composure. "definitely not an old man."

he chuckled, breathily and ever so slightly, at this, shuffling into what must've been his futon in order find a more comfortable position. "i have the hair for it, though, don't i?"

"mm, i guess so," you agreed, propping your phone up against your pillow and laying down on your stomach, crossing your arms and laying your head down on top of them. "it's pretty, though. it looks, like, fluffy."

"yeah, i get that a lot," he copied your position, coming back into frame, and rested his chin on his crossed arms. "'m kinda upset, i wanted t' show you choki but 'm away from home right now." he pouted ever so slightly, playing with the sleeves of his oversized hoodie.

"maybe another time, then," you consoled, "oh, oh! i could show you my miffy plushies? since we both like her, i mean. if you don't wanna see, that's fine too! we can do something else, like, game? whatever you'd prefer."

"no, no, i w'na see your collection."

"okay, okay, come," at this point, there was a wide grin on your face. you picked up your phone and shuffled across your bed to where the plethora of stuffed animals lay propped up against the wall and flipped your camera so he'd be able to see them. "there's a bunch of other stuff here, too. 'nd i've got a bunch of other merch for her too, like, clips and wallets and bags n stuff, but they're somewhere else, 'nd i cant be bothered to find 'em."

AUTHOR'S NOTES !

AUTHOR'S NOTES !

m not writing out the rest of the call so u gotta use ur big brains once again n pick what happens for urself!!!

dont say anything if my writings shit im out of practice

fun nei fact i adore jazz and im obseessed with frank sinatra at the moment

wc: 807-ish