storming through the colorful vegetation of the greenlands of awa'atlu, the grass and twigs littering the ground pinched at your feet as you stomped through the tree-filled area with tsireya carefully following along by your side.

"this storm will pass," she calmly assured while you two walked on, slipping her hand into your outstretched palm as you helped her step down from a rocky ledge. "your father is just concerned for your brother's well-being— it causes him to worry."

the metkayina girl's words caused you to halt, slipping your fingers from hers just before she moved to intertwine them. turning around, you faced her with ruffled brows, releasing a heavy breath as you shook your head and looked out toward the horizon beside you.

"he is always concerned about his well-being," you shot back. "every second of every day."

tsireya's eyes trailed over your strained features, her glossy irises weaving their way further into your soul as you met her gaze once more. "and no matter what my skxawng of a brother does, i am somehow always at fault."

"it is never your fault," the shorter girl denied with a shake of her head. "you are not responsible for lo'ak's actions."

"but they act as if i am," you spat, pursing your lips with closed eyes.

"then you must tell your father how you feel," tsireya offered, moving to grip your wrist and softly tug you back toward the direction of your family before you quickly grabbed her arm with your free hand.

"no... no," you denied, keeping her from walking off. "it wouldn't do any good, he's already upset."

"he will understand this, you're his daughter," the teen insisted, her eyes pleadingly bearing into your own.

"no, he won't," you revealed, taking your hand from her grasp. "he doesn't understand anything."

her eyebrows furrowed in a weary confusion at your words, watching as you grew more frustrated at your memories of the older na'vi.

"where he comes from— the voices of daughters are not valued as much as they are here," you explained. "he doesn't understand what i feel and he never has."

tsireya kept quiet, allowing you to continue on with your expression of experience as a child of the once-olo'eyktan.

"i want to be so much more than what he has imagined for me," you muttered. "i've dreamed of being a real warrior since i was young, but he'd never allow me to."

"you can be," the sea teenager softly assured, her eyebrows raising in sympathy as her pupils trailed across your face. "you will be."

"my family will never see me as anything but a babysitter," you spoke, harshly shoving a fist into your chest. "that's all they see."

gently grabbing your palm from its place on your upper torso, tsireya interlaced her fingers with yours, holding the back of your hand with her own to rest over her heart. "i see you."

at the intimate connotation behind her simple words, you felt the tips of your ears perk up in bewilderment, the familiar pattern of your increased heartbeat sounding out through your ears as your friend gazed at you through struck eyes.