"i know what i—"

"that's enough!" your father abruptly exclaimed, earning a prompt reply of silence from lo'ak before he shook his head, looking back up toward the leader of the metkayina.

"i know what i know," he repeated, and you released a small sigh as you imagined what your father was about to unleash upon the teenager.

ronal let out a snarl, the previous leader of the omatikaya hurrying to lo'ak's side. "that's enough."

jake gazed up at tonowari from his crouched position next to your brother, his stare harsh as he gave a soft nod. "i'll deal with this one."

before anything else was able to happen, your father tightly gripped your twin's bicept, forcefully tugging him away from the commotion. you looked to neteyam in a slight concern of what was to happen to lo'ak, fearful that his usual punishment was way out of bounds for this act.

the older boy let a sigh pass through his nostrils, avoiding your eyes as he closed his own in exasperation. turning to tsireya, she met your stare with ruffled brows, almost as if she could predict your thoughts of the situation.

casting a final look toward the leaders of the metkayina, you quickly stood from the floor of the marui, chasing after the two na'vi as your mother shouted out a call of your name.

"dad!" you exclaimed once the two grew far enough away from everyone else. "dad, wait, please!"

he ignored your words in his state of irritation, your brother glancing back at you with a look of confusion etched over his features.

"please," you pressed, jogging to catch up to the older omatikaya before halting in front of him to keep the two from moving any further. "just listen."

"i don't understand what's going on with you," your father unexpectedly spoke. "why- why do you insist on going along with every stupid thing he does?!"

"dad, if you would just listen to what lo'ak has to say—"

"i don't have to listen to anything, okay?!" he interrupted, thrusting a hand into his chest. "i am the parent here, and you are the kid, and if i tell you to keep your brother out of trouble, you better do what the hell i say!"

furrowing your eyebrows, you looked up at your father with a gaze full of hurt, remnants of his apology trailing through your mind. "did you really mean what you told me before, then?"

jake stared down at you through narrowed eyes, his jaw muscle pulsating through the skin of his cheek as he sandwiched his tongue between his teeth. "let's go, lo'ak."

shouldering past your still figure, your father continued down the pathway, your twin in tow as he looked back at you with an empathetic stare, a hint of appreciation at your attempt laced within it.

you slowly turned around and watched as the two carried on further into the village, lo'ak's arm still tightly grasped between your father's palm as you felt the softening ties of your relationship with jake once again harden under the hurt of his anger.

𓆝 𓆛 𓆞

"i don't know how much more of this i can take."