30) Caged emotions

Începe de la început

"Look what you've done," He muttered, "You're wrecking your own house woman! I just want to talk."

"NO!" Evelyn screamed again, sobbing while backing into the table, "No! I don't- don't want to talk!"

He put his hands up in surrender, "Sorry darlin', but I need to talk. You just answer with a nod or shake, that's fine with me too."

Evelyn was reminded of something because of the night she first met this man: He didn't know the meaning of the word 'No'.

The man rolled his eyes and walked forward, but she pushed back against the table in despair, "Get AWAY!"

At her force, the table toppled to the side and flung over, upside down. Evelyn stumbled to the ground with the table, elbows and back connecting harshly with the table's side.

She flung her hair out her face, but was met with a pair of polished shoes infront of her face.

Her heart skipped a beat.

Evelyn seemed to have stopped breathing as she slowly craned her neck up, staring with a wet vision at a sickening smile worn by the man.

"Wow," He chuckled venomously, "That was entertaining to watch."

Images raced through her head: This same man over her, staring down at her from above.

The same. Exact. Face.

Evelyn's eyes moved frantically and adrenaline surged through her veins like a tsunami destroying a village.

One leg of the table was already cracked and her arm shot out, taking a hold of it and breaking the remainder off.

Within seconds, she had shot out and bashed the wooden piece right onto his left temple, willing him to go unconscious.

"Argh!" The man stumbled back, clutching his head. Blood seeped down through his fingers but blended perfectly with his red hair. He looked at his hand for a moment, before resting his sinister gaze on the women who stood, breathing heavily.

"You... little..." The man mumbled, slowly stepping forward, before completely springing towards her, arm outstretched.

She screamed and lunged for the door, desperate to escape.

However a hand grabbed her arm and slammed her into the wall right next to the door. He growled out, dangerous fury evident in his voice, "I was fucking going easy on you. Why the fuck did you have to go and piss me the hell off?"

She cried out, shaking her head and trying to twist her wrists out the grip.

She stared wide-eyed at the blood trickling down his face.

"Huh?" The man slammed her into the wall again, voice raising angrily, "I told you I wanted to fucking talk. Don't wanna do that? Is that how it is? Huh?"

Evelyn continued to sob, unable to form coherent words.

"Fucking ANSWER ME BITCH!"

Evelyn screamed at the top of her lungs, tearing at her vocal cords, "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

With all the strength she could muster, Evelyn shoved him off her and yanked open the door, bolting out as fast as her legs could carry her.