Undeck the Halls

Beginne am Anfang

"Still funny" Frank chuckles. "What the hell is that?" Claire asked.

"What?" Phil looks up at Claire with confusion written all over his face. "What is that? That's looks like a cigarette burn" Claire declares, pointing at the burn mark on the couch.

"Was one of you smoking a cigarette?" Claire questions her kids. "No" they all answer. Claire not believing them and keeps asking who it was.

"Which one of you was smoking?" Claire repeats, wanting to know who did it. "Not me. I have a respiratory problem" Phil admits. Claire rolls her eyes at her husband.

"Obviously it wasn't you" Claire says to Phil. Frank still on the call looks awkwardly at the scene in front of him.

"Now I've got a family of liars and smokers" Claire exaggerates. "Honey, come here, you've got to see this" Frank calls out, not wanting to hang up.

"Did you shoplift your Christmas presents too?" Claire implied. Nobody says anything. "Haley, keep that ugly sweater on" Claire hisses, pulling down Haley her sweater.

Phil hesitates. "Anyway, Merry Christmas" He joys out.

˚ ˚
— Madison's pov

"This is unacceptable and I wanna know who did this" Mom begins, standing with dad in front of us with her arms crossed.

None of us say anything.

"Nobody, huh? I guess the couch did it to itself" Dad says, looking at all of us hoping we would crack.

"I guess it came home after a touch day lit up a cigarette and then it burned itself" Dad suggests.

"Is that what happened? Because that makes no sense" He says leaning forward. I sigh leaning my head on the back of the couch.

"If whoever's responsible doesn't come forward, your father and I are just gonna have to punish all three of you" Mom says, making dad nod his head.

"Are you serious" I exclaimed, lifting my head up from the couch. "That's not fair" Luke says.

"I can forgive the smoking, but I can't forgive the lie -phil- Or the smiling" Dad says smiling. Why the hell is he smiling?

"No one wants to confess huh?" He asks waiting for a reply.

"No? That's fine, because you know what happens next?" He questions us.

"We cancel Christmas" He continues. Be so fr.

"That's not fair" Luke says, pouting. "Okay dad sure" Haley huffs, not believing dad. I mean same yeah.

Looking at mom she also seems surprised.

"Okay guess where I'm headed? To take down the tree" Dad says walking to the tree. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"That's right guys, this is your last chance" He says, almost tripping over the presents. "Come on guys" Mom pleads.

"Whoever did this, just take responsibility. Don't put the rest of us through this" Mom tries to convince us.