Chapter Sixteen

The next day was eventful, to say the least. For Doma and Akaza that is. Tanjiro had no problem handling Kaigaku as he had already taken care of him on several occasions and had younger siblings. It proved difficult for upper 2 and 3 because of how needy a child could be. "Kai! Please stop crying for daddy!" Doma pleaded. Kaigaku continued to cry and fuss and kick. Nothing would calm him down. "Where is Tanjiro?" Akaza asked. "I don't know, but if we ever needed him before we need him now." Doma sighed. "You think you can handle him on your own?" Akaza asked. "No! Don't leave me here with him!" Doma begged.

"You're his father Doma!" Akaza yelled. "You are too!" Doma argued. "Whatever. Just grab him and let's go find Tanjiro." Akaza sighed. He wasn't used to having him around yet and didn't like the attention he got from Tanjiro. Doma grabbed him as he wriggled in Doma's arms. The two headed out of the room with Kaigaku, basically being held prisoner. They walked around for 20 minutes getting frustrated, not being able to find Tanjiro. "Where the hell is he!?" Akaza yelled. Which led Kaigaku to cry. "Akaza! I just calmed him down!" Doma yelled at Akaza. "It's not my fault we adopted a child!" Akaza argued.

"Didn't we promise we were going to make Tanjiro happy?" Doma recalled. "We did. So I guess that includes adopting a child." Akaza mumbled. "It does." Doma clarified. "Now come on. Let's go ask Muzan-sama where he is." "Why didn't we start with that!?!" Akaza yelled as he started to sprint towards Muzan's room. "Kaza! Wait!" Doma called after him. When they reached Muzan's room, they found Muzan at his desk working on something and Tanjiro passed out on the floor. "Muzan-sama! What happened to Tanjiro!?!?" Akaza yelled. "Chill, chill." Muzan sighed. "I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but he wanted to surprise the two of you by becoming a demon."

"How long ago did you turn him?" Akaza asked. "2 hours or so." Muzan answered. "Why hasn't he woken up yet?" Doma panicked. "If you are a swordsmen, it takes you longer to become a demon. The greater you are, the longer it takes." Muzan explained. "How long do you estimate it will take?" Akaza asked nervously. "Well, before he was on our side he had defeated lowermoon 1 with a little bit of difficulty. If lower 1 had stayed in his own body then I feel that Tanjiro would have ease to defeat him." Muzan answered. "You may take him." Akaza scooped up Tanjiro bridal style and carried him back to the room. He had already noticed some demonic changes forming.

His scar had grown longer and connected with another one like Kokushibou. His hair was getting messier and longer and he already started to have fangs growing in. "How's our bean?" Doma asked Akaza. "He'll be okay. He's already starting to get demonic features so I think he's another kind of demon." (THIS WAS NOT IN THE MANGA! IM MAKING THIS UP FOR THE SAKE OF THIS STORY) "That's good. He will have no pain then." Doma sighed, relieved. Akaza set him down on his bed and kissed his forehead. The two then went off to their room and put Kaigaku, who had already fallen asleep, in his crib. How were they going to manage a baby?

Two weeks later, Tanjiro had still not woken up. The two were a nervous wreck about him. They had to have Daki, who had finally gotten back, babysit him. They didn't leave Tanjiro's room until they had missions. When they did have missions they'd leave Tanjiro's room with a depressed look on his face. "No luck again?" Daki asked. "Nothing." Akaza answered. "Good luck on your mission!" Daki smiled. "Mhm." Akaza just nodded. Akaza and Doma were teleported to their mission where they were met by 3 different hashira. Mitsuri, Giyu, and Shinobu." "Shit." Akaza muttered. "I don't hurt women." "I'll deal with them, you focus on the water pillar." Doma told Akaza. After about 5 minutes both the female pillars were dead. The water pillar was not going down without a fight. "Give us back what you stole!" He yelled while he was slashing Akaza's arm.

"He wanted us!" Doma yelled distracting the water pillar giving Akaza the chance to kill him. He sent him flying into a village where he bled out. "Dinner time!" Doma cheered as he bit into the girl with a revealing uniform. "Ew." Akaza said disgusted. Just then they got teleported to the infinity castle. "What's wrong?" They asked Nakime. "Tanjiro has awoken." she answered. They sprinted to Tanjiro's room where Daki, Gyutaro, Kokushibou, and Muzan. Muzan and Kokushibou were holding him down while Daki was trying to get him to calm down and Gyutaro with a bite wound on his arm. "Gyutaro what happened?" Akaza asked. "Baba's gone crazy!" Daki cried. They looked at Tanjiro who was scrambling around trying to break free. Muzan had no other choice, but to knock him out. And that he did.

Daki burst into tears and started to cry while Kokushibou got the first aid kit for Gyutaro. "Start from the beginning, what happened?" Doma told them. "Me and Oni-chan were going to check on Tanjiro and he was awake. We were so happy but then i nice Gyutaro stepped in the room Tanjiro bit him. He ran to get help while I was dodging attacks from him. I eventually tied him up with my obi until Koku and Muzan got here but then he broke free!" Daki cried. "Doma, Akaza. It is what we feared." Muzan told the two. They looked confused and just started at him. "What do you mean like that? Also we killed the hashira you asked us too." Akaza informed. "Not the point Akaza!" Muzan yelled.

"Tanjiro is a demon who eats other demons to survive."