Ch. 15: Summer Festival Pt. 1

Comenzar desde el principio

Your heart melts at how much she worries for you. "Don't worry, I'm handling it very well," you reply, a gentle smile gracing your lips.

"Really? I'm soo proud of you!" she exclaims, her words brimming with admiration and genuine affection.

"Now, c'mon! Let's check out the festival together. I can totally give you a tour of the venue. I've been here so many times; it's practically a yearly tradition for me," Yoimiya enthusiastically proposes, entwining her hands with yours before whisking you away deeper into the festival grounds.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

"There sure is a lot of people, huh?" you remark while strolling alongside Yoimiya, casting your gaze upon the bustling crowds.

"Mhm, but this is nothing. Normally, there's wayy more people. But, I guess most of them prefer to be at home given the recent surge in crimes," Yoimiya explains.

Ever since your little cat café date, a series of crimes -- or rather, 'fake' crimes like the one you encountered with Kazuha -- have been on the rise, causing a sense of panic throughout the city and prompting more individuals to retreat to the safety of their homes instead of venturing outside.

You acknowledge her explanation with a nod before resuming your leisurely stroll. Eventually, you both find yourselves at a game stall within the venue. The challenge is simple: knock down a bottle with a ball to claim a prize. Sounds easy enough, right?

"Ohh! Let's give this a try!" Yoimiya points excitedly towards the stall, her eyes brimming with anticipation as she looks at you.

As much as you're fully aware that such games are often a scam, you also know all too well that it's difficult to refuse her infectious enthusiasm. With a smile and a hint of playfulness, you decide to indulge her and give it a shot.

"Alright, let's give it a go," you agree, giving her a smile.

Eager to partake in the game, Yoi decides to go first. Focusing intently on the precise arrangement of the bottles, she releases the ball with a flick of her wrist, sending it hurtling towards its target.

The anticipation builds as the ball connects with the bottles, causing them to wobble precariously. But alas, they manage to withstand the impact and remain upright.

"Close, but not quite," the attendant remarks with a smirk, seemingly unsurprised by the outcome.

"Aww darn it," Yoi laments, scratching the back of her neck with a wry smile. You offer a supportive pat on her back, encouraging her with a silent gesture.

Now, comes your turn. Approaching the stand with a composed demeanor, you accept the ball handed to you by the attendant.

You take a moment to steady your aim, carefully surveying the arrangement of the bottles before you. Just as you're about to take your shot, a gentle tap on your shoulder startles you, causing you to freeze in mid-action.

Yoimiya's face lights up with even more excitement as she embraces the individual behind you -- or should one say, individuals.

"Hey, you two!" Yoimiya exclaims joyfully.

Finally turning around, you find Lumine and Aether both on the receiving end of Yoi's affectionate embrace, though their expressions hint at a slight struggle for air.

"Lumine, you're here too?" you ask, a delighted smile spreading across your face.

Yoimiya releases them from her embrace, allowing them a moment to catch their breath. "Yup," Lumine replies, her voice slightly breathless. "Thanks for making it possible for Aether to go here. Usually, he's too busy to attend, so I end up coming alone." Her words are accompanied by a warm smile.