"Let's get Garrett up here! Come on y'all make some noise for this man!" Jess said into the microphone as he headed to the stage. Garrett sang "Friends in low places" by Garth Brooks, he had a pretty decent voice, he just struggled to hit the low notes. After 20 minutes and a few more singers, Jess was back up on the stage with a drink in her hand, Weird I thought bartenders can't drink on shift... "Ladies and Gentlemen, can y'all make some noise for one of my best buds in this bar tonight, he's a good-lookin', smooth-talkin' man, and ladies he's single," She said shooting a smile and wink my way. "Y/N L/N get your ass up here, and show these ladies what they are missin'," Jess said staring at him.

He looked at me and smiled as he securely grabbed his guitar case. Chance patted his back as he walked by, wishing his buddy good luck. Y/N made his way up to the stage, he looked different when he got up there. He had this sense of belonging, he wasn't awkward as he got set up to sing.

Y/N's POV

As I made my way to the stage one of the younger ladies in the crowd, grabbed my ass, I ignored it and made my way on the stage. I moved the stool to where I wanted it, and retrieved the microphone from Jess, of course not without her giving me a hug and wishing me luck. "To the young ladies who decided to cop a feel and squeezed my ass, Thanks for that, but Imma needs some money, I ain't a cheap whore." I said into the microphone, laughing. Kelsea shot me this look, that seemed to have a jealous vibe to it. I winked at her and smiled, which made her look fade into a beautiful smile.

"To those who don't know me, I'm Y/N L/N from Mascot, TN. I'm 26 years young. I'm trying to get a grasp on this music thing. So in order to get over my stage fright, I'm gonna be singing a new song I wrote. It's a love song, so please feel free to slow dance if you're here with your significant other. This is Slow Dance in a parking lot." I took a sip of my drink, got my guitar out of its case, and took a seat on the stool.

I cleared my throat and started to strum my guitar. Closin' my eyes, as I start singing;

Lights go down, wheels go around

I'm taking you home

Hoping for a slow song to come on the radio now

I'm not ready to shut it down

The way the dashboard glow

Is hitting your eyes making me lose everything on my mind

And the only thing I wanna do is find a spot

Stop this car and throw it in park and just

Slow dance with you

Spinning you around by the Walmart sign

And moving our feet over the painted white lines

Getting close to you

Making the most of whatever we got

Even if it's just a slow dance in a parking lot

Half song gone, one door open, across the lot

A rent-a-cop's rolling a security car

And its yellow lights spinning and flashing in time