Chapter 6: Basketball

Greg's pov

"Greggy come here, I'll teach you how to shoot" dad said, beckoning me over.

I uncoiled my arm from around Rosie's waist and walked over to dad, Lamonsoff told me about how dad used to always get the bankshot.

"The bankshot never works on the wii" I exclaimed and heard a cute giggle from behind me. Rosie.

"Well maybe you should wüturn it and get a wiifund" Lamonsoff mused, earning another adorable laugh, in which I smiled at. Dad showed me how to do it and passed me the ball, but I was distracted. And you can guess by who, and what.

"Get off that" dad said clicking his fingers in front of my eyes, snapping me out of my trance

I took my shot and surprisingly got it, I high fived dad and turned towards the tree house. Rosie was leaning on the railing clapping and grinning, my eyes locked with hers and all I could do was smirk at how impressed she was.

"Your good" she shouted to me.

"I wonder if your better babe" I replied smirking.

"But the thing is I probably can't do it on my own" she flirted. "What if I helped you?" She jumped down as I said that and took the ball from my hands.

She positioned herself where I had been and turned her head to face me.

"Well aren't you gonna teach me coach?"

I wrapped my arms around hers from behind and slowly lifted them with mine. I still managed to get a giant jet of sparks through my body by the simplest touch of her.

"You see that top corner up there" I pointed and she nodded' "aim at that."

I took my hands away and she threw it, I clapped as it spun around the hoop and into the basket. She grinned widely and hugged me. The other kids cheered and the women 'aww'd, making Rosie blush like crazy.

"Aww are you embarrassed?" I teased, making her glare at me.

"Nope, why would you think that?" She tried to convince me.

"Maybe the fact that your a red as a strawberry"

She slapped my arm playfully and I kissed her cheek from behind, circling my arms around her waist and sitting my chin on her shoulder.

"Strawberries taste nice" she whispered.

"But you taste better"

"What do you wanna do?" she asked, turning around to face me.

"Hmm, how about we go for a walk" I suggested, she nodded, "just me and you."

Rosie's POV

"Hey dad!" I shouted, he looked over to me, "Greg and I are going for a walk!"

He nodded and told us to be careful, then we set off along a dirt trail that ran just above the waters edge.

Greg took my hand and we walked in comfortable silence.

The view was gorgeous; to our left a forest of bright green grass and tall thin trees, to our right, the sparkling lake and right in front the windy trail. After a few minutes of walking the trail split, so we took the one leading down to the sand and water. I took my shoes off and carried them in my free hand while Greg did the same with his.

I dragged him over to the shore line and started walking through the water until it was as deep my knees.

I stared out at the beautiful lake as the sun set in light, warming colours. I sighed and rested my head on Gregs shoulder.

We were judged enjoying the view and the moment until-

"Greg! Rosie! It's getting dark!" I sighed again.

Thanks Mr Feder! Way to kill the mood! I sighed once again and started walking hand in hand with Greg back up the trail.

What a great day.

✅ EDITED

634 Words