Chapter 23- Rave'N

Start from the beginning

"I...wha-" She asks unable to form words.

Wyatt looked down nervously. "I'm...I'm sorry for what I treated you. I'd like to make it up to you." He told her.

Y/n looked at him confused "O-o-okay."

Wyatt cleared his throat and held the sunflower to her. "You said you wanted to go to the Rave'N with me. I know there is a chance you changed your mind about going with me, I understand that. But will you please go to the Rave'N with me?"

Y/n blushed and smiled at him. She took the sunflower from his hand. She couldn't believe that he gave up the stakeout for her. How could she be mad at him now?

"Yes Wyatt, I will go the Rave'N with you."

Wyatt attempted to keep a neutral expression on his face, but failed as a small smile formed on his face. He held the box containing the dress to her.

"Here, it's a new dress matching mine. We think it might suit you better than the one you bought."

"Oh thanks." She smiled awkwardly. "Um...I will change and be right out."

Wyatt nods and walked away. Y/n blushed and bit her lip in excitement. She opened the box revealing the dress. She closed the door quickly and began to get dressed, excited for the night ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt stood by the trophy case containing a photo of his mother and the fencing team. Then he saw Y/n reflection coming down the stairs.

Wyatt had to stop his mouth from dropping open. Y/n looked so beautiful, she had left her hair down in beautiful waves, she had but on a bit of mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.

She approached him after coming down the stairs. "Thank you Wyatt, for the dress, you were right I love it." 

Wyatt took Y/n's hand bent and kissed it. "You look beautiful." 

Y/n blushed and looked down. "Thank you Wyatt, and you look-"

"Ridiculous? I know." He said. 

Y/n shook her head and giggled. "No Wyatt, you look very handsome."

"Cute even." She adds.

Wyatt glared at her "I am not cute! You are!" He fires back.

Y/n giggles even more. "You think I am cute?" 

"Yes, you're extremely adorable." He says trying to be insulting but failing.

"Let's go, shall we?" He asks.

The two were about to enter the dance when Eugene appeared.

"Wyatt? Y/n? What's going on? What happened to staking out the cave?" Eugene asks.

"You didn't tell him?" Y/n whispers to Wyatt.

Wyatt looked down. "Fuck." He whispers.

Eugene looked between both of them with a frown. "Sure I get it. Guess I'll go check the woods out myself."

"Absolutely not!" Y/n exclaims.

"Don't go alone. It's too dangerous. Stand down." Wyatt warns.

Eugene nodded with his head down.

"We'll go tomorrow night understood?" Wyatt asks.

Y/n sighs and hugs Eugene. "Listen, I know you are disappointed. You really wanted to go on that adventure, but it's way to dangerous, you could get killed, and you're like a little brother to me. I can't loose you, okay?" Y/n lectures softly.