Jack stared at him. "What's your name?"

"Will Turner."

"That would be short for William, I imagine. Good, strong name. No doubt named for your father, eh?"

"Yes."

"Uh-huh." The pirate made to stand. "Well, Mr Turner, I've changed my mind. If you spring me from this cell, I swear, on pain of death, I shall take you to the Black Pearl, and your bonny lass. Do we have an accord?" 

Will looked at Jack's hand as it was held out. Glancing at Clara, he grasped hold of it. "Agreed."

"Agreed. Get me out!"

Then Will took hold of the bench and gestured for Clara to stand further away. Pushing down on it, the door popped right off its hinges and clanged to the floor. 

"Hurry. Someone will have heard that."

Jack wobbled over the iron door and grabbed a few items that hung on the wall. "Not without my effects." He weaved his way over to Clara, getting too close for personal comfort. "Hello, Clara, missed me so much that you came back?" He teased, tracing a finger up and down her arm.

Purely out of reflex, she smacked him. "It's still 'miss Garner' to you, Mr Sparrow." Hoisting up her skirts, Clara walked over the door and up the stairs.

Jack rubbed his cheek and looked at Will. "Aye, you picked a good one, lad."

The young man smirked. "Not really. She picked me."

-------------------------

Sneaking outside, the three now hid under a bridge by the docks watching Norrington's men, waiting for the opportune moment to move on. They did not wish to be caught, especially with such a notorious pirate.

William caught sight of when Jack was surveying. "We're going to steal a ship? That ship?"

"But that's my-" Clara was hushed by Will placing a hand over her mouth.

"Commandeer. We're going to 'commander that ship. Nautical term. One question about your business, boy, or there's no use going. This girl. How far are you willing to go to save her?"

"I'd die for her."

"Oh, good. No worries then."

"This is either madness or brilliance," said Will. 

They had hidden under a rowboat, waiting for the coast to be clear before entering the ocean. They were walking along the bottom of the sea bed, the water was above and below them, but never entering the upside-down boat. 

"It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."

A crunching sound echo through the wooden boat. Clara looked behind her to find that Will had managed to get his foot stuck in a lobster trap. Covering her smile with a hand, she tried to control her laughter. 

The young man looked at her, not at all amused, and continued to walk with the broken trap, unsuccessful in shaking it off. 

The beautiful ship came into view, and ditching the trap and boat, the three climbed up it. The two men often helped Clara, for as capable as she was, her wet petticoats stuck to her legs, hindering her and weighing her down. 

After hoisting the girl over the railing, Jack led the way around the ship's wheel. pulling out his gun. Down the stairs, he went and when his feet touched the main deck, he shouted to the small crew. "Everyone, stay calm! We are taking over the ship."