ーfriendly visits; 005 ☀︎

     Avery had decided to give Scooter's wife a visit seeing how John B's father's compass was in this boat she thought the might ask the woman who could maybe answer her questions.

     Avery had been driving while listening to Paper Rings by Taylor Swift. One of her favourite songs. She turned the radio off as she pulled up not wanting to make much noise.

     She sighed turning the car off and getting out. She stretched her arms before closing the car door and locking it behind her. Avery walked up to the door and knocked for a moment. "Ms. Lana?" She spoke waiting at the door.

     She waited for a moment before the door partly opened. "Please leave. I don't want to talk to people." Lana Grubbs spoke. "I won't take much of your time, I just wanted to ask something maybe we can sit down and talk?" Avery asked. Lana sighed before nodding and opening the door more for Avery. "Alright." Lana closed the door behind her.

"I'm so sorry for your loss I can't imagine losing a loved one." Avery consoled. She felt bad for the woman as she looked unwell. "Thank you, dear. Would you like a drink or anything?" Lana asked as Avery followed her.

     "No thank you!" Avery smiled softly sitting down across from her. "Do you know why Scooter was there?" Avery asked getting to the point to make this all quicker. She could tell Lana didn't want her here.

     "No, He didn't tell me where he was going or even tell me he was leaving." Lana sniffled her already stuffed nose. You could see the reflection of the sun revealing the tears formed on her face.

     Avery cleared her throat looking around the house. "How is the luck of finding the boat going?" Avery asked acting oblivious to the fact her friends were at that boat last night.

     "Nothing yet." She sighed wiping her eyes with a tissue. "Ms. Lana. My friends and I found the boat. On the boat we found something." Avery spoke as Lana kept her eyes on her hands below her. "A compass." Lana's head snapped up to meet Avery's eyes.

     "You need to go." Lana quickly stood up. "What? Did I say something wrong?" Avery asked confused. "Please, I think it's time you go." Ms Lana spoke again deflecting the question.