supernanny (literally)

cg!hellfire and nancy
little!eddie

eddie had been feeling particularly bad throughout the day, anxious and becoming more unaware of his surroundings. he wanted to go home, but he knew he couldn't cancel hellfire after the many tantrums he'd thrown about the others wanting to cancel.
so, be sucked it up and trudged his way down to the drama room, slinging the doors open and taking his place in his dungeon master's throne.
not without attracting the looks of dustin and mike, who shared a concerned look, but nonetheless shrugged it off and continued on with the game.
it wasn't until eddie was completely spaced out, completely ignoring everything about the game and just rolling the dice and rocking softly in his seat, that gareth decided he should probably do something.
he stood from his seat, gently approaching eddie and bending down before putting a hand on his shoulder.
"hey, little man, why didn't you tell me?" he whispered softly, to which eddie just shrugged and looked down at his feet.
"cause, you guys are mean." eddie replied truthfully.
gareth blinked in surprise for a second, a sudden wave of guilt coursing through his insides.
"i-...eds, i'm so sorry. i would never intentionally hurt you, and i don't think any of the guys would either.." the drummer made sure to keep his tone soft and syrupy sweet, a supportive hand rubbing circles on eddie's knee.
"'kay..." the small boy hummed, turning to see the other two concerned boys staring at him. he frowned, a pout taking its place on his soft features.
mike couldn't help the giggle that escaped his lips, giving eddie an honest and genuine smile.
"you're silly." mike laughed softly, the smile spreading across his features showed eddie there was no true malice behind his words.
dustin and gareth both shared glances, in complete and utter shock that mike, of all people, had been sweet.
eddie just stuck his tongue out, blowing a raspberry in mike's direction before giggling.
dustin and gareth couldn't help themselves from cackling when mike done the same and spit all over the table.
eddie fake gagged at him, turning towards the two teens sitting behind him.
dustin smiled and waved, giving eddie a thumbs up, while gareth seemed to fall more naturally into the role of big brother.
"so, should i call stevie for you, then?" dustin piped up after a minute of mentally studying eddie's behavior.
eddie shook his head, twirling a strand of dark curly hair between his fingers as he began to speak.
"no, 'tevie work." he pouted, big teary eyes staring at dustin and breaking the other boy's heart.
"what about nancy, hm?" gareth offered, placing a comforting hand on eddie's shoulder and rubbing gently.
eddie gasped softly at the suggestion, clumsily climbing off his throne (chair). he stood up with shaky legs, using the table to keep himself upright as he began toddling towards mike.
mike couldn't help but grin, pulling eddie into a hug when he made it to his side of the table.
"wow! you did it all by yourself!" he gasped, making sure to be as dramatic as possible while doing so.
eddie giggled, nodding proudly.
"mhm! did it!" he crossed his arms over his chest proudly, his grin still wide and innocent.
after a moment of giggling, eddie's face turned serious, a small gasp leaving his lips.
"mike!"
"yes?"
"nanny get us?" he asked, giving mike his best puppy eyes to really seal the deal.
mike pretended to think, tapping his finger against his chin as he made a 'hmm' sound.
"i guess, pipsqueak." he chuckled.
eddie nodded, pointing towards the phone on the other side of the room.
"call!" eddie all but shouted, earning a wince and a laugh at the same time from the other three boys in the room.
"gareth, dude, call nancy." dustin shoved the older boy towards the phone, quickly following after him to repeat the number.
———
when nancy arrived, she was pleasantly surprised to see her brother and cousin actually getting along for once.
she couldn't help the grin that broke out on her face. the kind that made her eyes all squinty and her nose all scrunched up, and the kind that made her heart flutter with butterflies and endearment.
she opened her arms, chuckling softly when eddie all but bolted into her embrace with a shout of "nanny!".
"oh, hi eds! are you and mike having fun with your friends?" she cooed, ruffling the boy's unruly hair.
he nodded vigorously, beginning to babble about how funny dustin and gareth's bickering was.
the two boys blushed, quickly raising their hands in defense.
"we have no idea what he's talking about, we swear." dustin said seriously, trying to stare into nancy's eyes as he spoke.
gareth nodded along, his face growing redder as he looked at nancy and mike.
"yeah, we- we don't." he gave a double thumbs up, an awkward smile plastered on his face.
nancy just shook her head, an eye roll following suit. though gareth knew it was one of fondness, especially when he seen nancy's expression soften the second eddie tugged on her sleeve.
"nanny! hung'y!" he the regressed boy whined, leaning into his older cousin's embrace as he continued to grumble and pout incoherent displeasures.
nancy chuckled, struggling momentarily as she hoisted the boy onto her hip.
"okay, stinkbutt, we're going." she sighed, shaking her head when eddie gave a cheeky grin to mike, pointing towards their bags.
"you do."
"i know, i know." mike held his hands up defensively, slinging a bag over each shoulder as he made his way towards the auditorium exit.
"i'd love to stay and talk, but i'm afraid eddie will beat me to death with his rattle." mike grumbled playfully, earning a whine from eddie.
"say bye bye, eddie!" nancy cooed encouragingly.
eddie peeked out from where his face was resting on nancy's shoulder, waving gently and briefly.
"bye bye!" he chirped, ducking his head back onto nancy's shoulder as he placed a thumb in his mouth securely.
"home now?"
"mhm, home, bubba.." she whispered soothingly, pushing the door open with her elbow as she carried eddie to the car.
even though she couldn't deny that eddie was still her annoying little cousin, she'd always be there to care for him.
and eddie knew he would always have his nanny rooting for him, no matter the situation or the place.

THE END.