"Tell me about this date you had last night. Was it another set-up from Gemma?" she asked, thoroughly intrigued, shutting the door to the room we call the nap room. This just means she got the kids to fall asleep. She did that quicker than usual. The toddlers, especially the ones we had today, love testing us in any way that they can.

The next thing that was on the list of daily cleaning was to vacuum the carpet, but because the children were sleeping, I couldn't do that until they either woke up or left for the day. But that's okay with me because I don't really enjoy vacuuming. Because I can't do that, I'll do the final thing on the list, which is to wipe down all of the counters and tables. Easy enough.

"I'll tell you about it when we're not in the same place as little ears," I said, motioning towards the other room where the little toddlers were sleeping. At least I hope they were.

"Right, right," she nodded. "Don't want to scar them at such a young age with how badly your dating life is going," she joked, making fun of my poor dating life.

"Adrian!" I yelled. "You don't need to remind me of my dating life. I already know that it isn't going to plan, I just have to accept that," I shrugged. "I've accepted the fact that I'm going to age by myself, have a bunch of cats, and then die alone. It's okay,"

"You know who you should go out with," Adrian said. I raised an eyebrow for her to continue with what she was saying as I finished cleaning the last table. "You should go out with Harry,"

"Gemma's brother?" I asked, just to clarify.

"Do you know another Harry?" she asked. "At least one that I don't know about?"

"No, but it's Harry,"

"What about him?" she asked, not waiting for me to answer before she continued on. "He's older than you, taller than you by a lot, by the way, and he's hot. Exactly what you look for in a guy," she smirked.

She really loved to mess with me. But that's why I love her so much. That's just how our relationship is, all the relationships I have with all of my friends, actually. I really love that about all of my friends. We can all mess around with each other and not get our feelings hurt at all. It's amazing.

"It's Gemma's brother," I stated.

"And?" she asked, clearly not following what I meant.

"It's Gemma's brother," I said once again. "He's off limits because it's her brother. It's just how it is," I shrugged.

"So you have feelings for him?" she asked, clearly not caring about what I had said.

"I didn't say that," I dodged her question. "I just mean that if I had a brother, then I wouldn't let any of my friends date him. Because Harry is Gemma's brother, he's off-limits to me," I explain.

"I guess, yeah, I get it," she nodded, understanding. "So then we need to get looking around so we can find you a boyfriend,"

"You sound like Gemma," I laughed.

"Lay Lay!" Cade yelled, running over to me.

"You're supposed to be taking a nap right now," I said, crouching down to his level. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Not tired," he said, rubbing his eyes with his balled-up hands.

I loved it when kids did this. It was funny that they said they were not tired while rubbing their eyes or yawning. It was really cute.

"Would you like me to go read you a book to help you fall asleep?" I asked.

"Yes, pwease," he said, taking my hand to lead me to the separate room where all the kids nap when they're here.

"Pick a book," I said to him. I hope he falls asleep quickly because I was to get the rest of the daycare things done so I can leave early.

"This one," he said, pointing to Goodnight Moon, a classic children's book. I think I've even been read this when I was little.

"Let's go," I said, picking up the book from the bookshelf and grabbing Cade's hand. I brought him back into the sleeping room and went over to the corner where his bed was.

I helped him back into his bed, covered him up with his teddy bear blanket, and waited for him to get comfortable. I sat down on the floor and opened up the book he had chosen. I began reading, the night light giving off just enough light for me to see the words. Despite the white noise machine, Cade was still able to hear everything.

"In the great green room, there was a telephone. And a red balloon. And a picture of the cow jumping over the moon,"

I looked over to see Cade's eyes fixated on the book. He loved this book so much, but I'm always surprised that he chooses this book when he gets to pick it up.

"Keep going," he whispered.

"And there were three little bears sitting on chairs. And two little kittens, and a pair of mittens, and a little toy house, and a young mouse, and a comb and a brush and bowl full of mush, and a quiet old lady who was whispering 'hush',"

I looked over to find Cade's eyes slowly closing. This is the point where I could close the book. He wouldn't even realize. But with the slim chance that he isn't fully asleep yet, I finish the book up so that I can leave.

"Goodnight, room, goodnight moon, goodnight cow jumping over the moon. Goodnight light, and the red balloon. Goodnight bears, goodnight chairs, goodnight kittens, and goodnight mittens. Goodnight clocks and goodnight socks. Goodnight, little house, and goodnight mouse. Goodnight comb, and goodnight brush. Goodnight, nobody, goodnight mush. And goodnight to the old lady whispering 'hush'. Goodnight stars, goodnight air, good night noises everywhere,"

Cade was now fully asleep. I shut the book and slowly got up off the floor. I quietly got out of the room, shutting the door lightly behind me. I would hate to wake up the kids and have to read another book.

"He's asleep now," I said, putting the book away.

"You look exhausted," Adrian commented.

"Well, you try reading a book almost in the dark when you've barely gotten any sleep in the past few days," I explain.

"Go home," she said, nodding towards the door.

"I can't leave you here alone with the kids,"

"They're asleep, I'm sure I'll manage," she said. "Skyler should be here in the next hour anyway. If they wake up, then I'm only alone with them for a little while. It's fine," she explained.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Go home, get some sleep,"

"Please call me if I need to come back, I promise I will," I said, grabbing my car keys and phone from a desk drawer.

"I'm not going to call you to come back," she laughed. "I'll see you on Wednesday," she said, waving me off.

"Bye Adrian, I love you for this," I said to her, heading to the daycare entrance.

I could finally go home and catch up on some sleep. It will be great for me.

Is it bad that I'm really looking forward to going to sleep when I get home? I don't think it is, but it's me, so I don't care.