Chapter Seventeen - The First Match

Start from the beginning

Angelina went for the quaffle while I flew under everyone going unnoticed. Lee was commentating the game but it was all droned out as Angelina passed the quaffle over everyone and I flew forward catching it perfectly in my arm flying toward the ravenclaw goalpost.

One of the ravenclaw beaters was right next to me ready to swing at a bludger so I quickly passed back to Angelina who passed it to Alicia so she could score.

Alicia thankfully scored the first points of the game but the quaffle went to ravenclaw so we were back on offense.

Something that didn't quite register to the ravenclaw team was that having three little second year girls as chasers made us difficult targets. The beaters were getting so mad that one of them actually swung at my broom.

I was smarter than them apparently because I flew down so that the bat swung straight into my shoulder. I may have had to take a hit but it earned us a penalty.

I clutched my shoulder as the impact sent me into a backflip on my broom. I lost control for a moment and went into a backwards dive before I regained control. Madame hootch called a time out and the rest of the team swooped down to meet on the ground.

"Are you alright Chloe? Do we need to get your reserve on the field?" Oliver asked quickly.

"I'm fine. That beaters got a weak swing. He was going for my broom so I flew down to get us a penalty. Ravenclaw's playing dirty, or at least the beaters are." I explained.

"Brilliant." George exclaimed as he gave me a high five.

"I'm going to check your shoulder, Chlo." Fred said in almost a whisper as he dropped his broom and bat coming over to me.

Fred carefully squeezed my shoulder between his two hands and I winced at the pressure. He quickly apologized before taking my arm and moving it around. He watched my face carefully to see where I was wincing. I looked at him but he pushed my cheek away so I wasn't facing him.

"It doesn't look like you can throw the quaffle far anymore. I'd say you just try and get in people's way for the rest of the game." Oliver explained.

"Isn't that the twins job?" I questioned.

"You do it just fine anyway." Nate said. I finally cared enough to learn his name but I hated him still.

"Would you shut up." I snapped at him.

"One minute." Madame hootch called to us.

"When the game's over your going to madame pomfrey." Oliver said sternly and I nodded in agreement.

We all mounted our brooms again and Angelina got ready to take my penalty. As long as I didn't hold to tight I could fly just fine.

Ravenclaw was in position now and Angelina were on either side of the chaser so she couldn't pass it to her opponents. I was ahead of them so I decided to do the Parkin's Pincer and I turned around flying straight toward her. Right when I would have collided with her I turned up and over her punching the quaffle through her arm. Angelina dove back and got the quaffle while I shook off the impact of the punch.

"AND THAT'S THE PARKIN'S PINCER EVERYONE! DONE PERFECTLY BY JOHNSON, SPINNETT, AND BLACK! ATTA GIRLS! NOW JOHNSON'S IN POSSESSION! SHE PASSES TO SPINNETT! BLACK USES EXCELLENT BLOCKING TECHNIQUE ON THE RAVENCLAW CHASERS AND SPINNETT SCORES! THIRTY TO ZERO EVERYONE! GRYFFINDOR TAKES THE LEAD! CHLOE BLACK TAKES THE LEAD ON CHASING DOWN THE RAVENCLAW CHASERS JUST LIKE SHES LEADING CEDRIC ON! sorry professor that one slipped!

lee's commentating was quite entertaining but I lost focus and nearly got hit by a bludger. That bludger made it impossible for me to prevent the ravenclaw chasers in possession from scoring.