23 (V)

2267 words

POV: Valentina

Why do I feel like poo?

I've never been drunk, but I'm pretty sure hangovers feel like this.

My head was pounding, and the bright lights were making things worse.

"Shh, cariña, relax." A comforting voice said.

When I opened my eyes, I could see that I was in bed.

What happened?

Wait-

Cariña?

There's only one person who calls me that.

There's no way-

"Hey, are you there?"

I whipped my head to the side and looked into the eyes of someone I once sought comfort in.

So many emotions went through me when I looked at the man I loved for the first time in months.

"NO! GO AWAY!" I screamed.

Even though my heart wanted him so badly, my head was sending off warning signals, and I tried pushing him away.

"Bebé, please-"

"NO! I-I remember it all. Oh my god, no! It hurts! Make it stop!" I begged aloud.

I looked down at my bandages on my wrists, and everything leading up to this point came rushing back.

The heart break, the trauma, the pure agony.

"LEAVE! YOU MADE ME THIS WAY. I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING SEE YOU! I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU! I WISH I DIED. WHY AM I NOT DEAD?! WHY?!" I sobbed.

Alejandro ignored everything I said and wrapped me into his arms.

It's almost like my body knew it was him because I immediately reciprocated and wrapped myself into his embrace.

My heart hurt being in his arms.

The pain he caused to me.

So great, I almost took my life.

But here I am, hugging the same man who drove me to insanity, like the needy girl I am.

What is wrong with me?

We stayed like that until my sobs were reduced to sniffles.

"Are you better now?" Alejandro whispered.

I nodded my head yes.

"As good as I can possibly be right now." I slurred.

I think I was still kind of high on whatever meds they gave me.

Whoops.

Alejandro let out a low chuckle at my response, and I swore it sounded like actual Heaven.

Gosh, I haven't heard that sound in so long.

"Oh cariña, what did they give you?" Ale teased.

"I don't know, but I think I'm just a little loopy." I said, taking my pointer and middle finger and trying to create the smallest gap possible between them, when I'm reality I was pushing my fingers against each other.

But then my conscious kicked in.

You're hugging the man who told you that you don't mean anything to him, and never did.

That seemed to do the trick because I withdrew from Alejandro's arms immediately.

Darn.

Now I'm cold and miss his arms already.