chapter thirtythree

Comenzar desde el principio

"I am so sorry, Ma'Teyam. We should have gone to Eywa when you offered.." Beatrice whispered gently, stroking his face gently. The cold of his skin stung her fingers, making her chew on her lip once more. "I see you. I love you."

Inhale.

Exhale.

Beatrice gently grabbed onto his still hand once again, placing a soft kiss on the inside of his palm. She laid her head on his chest, her eyes closing as she relished in their memories. The world went silent around her, the woman getting caught up in her thoughts.

Beatrice jumped slightly as a hand touched her shoulder, her head shooting up in fear only to find a tear stained Neytiri. Beatrice took a deep breath to calm herself, wiping her wet face as Neytiri pulled her into her arms. The woman hugged the older Na'vi tightly, eyes squeezing closed as a sob escaped her lips. After a few minutes, Neytiri pulled away gently, cupping Beatrices face.

Inhale.

Exhale.

"He loved you. So, so much. During the... final moments.. he only asked for you, my daughter." Neytiri spoke gently, Beatrices face grimacing as she began to cry harder. She wasnt there for him when he needed her to be. She wasnt there. Neytiri held the woman tightly as Beatrice sobbed loudly, crying out for the Great Mother.

Beatrice felt another pair of arms wrap around her gently, Neytiri letting go and placing a kiss on Beatrices head. The woman buried her head into the neck of the person holding her now, Lo'aks scent filling her nose as he slowly brought her outside of the pod. He held her tightly as she cried, never letting go until she began to calm down. Beatrice slowly looked up and met Lo'aks eyes, his bloodshot eyes mirroring hers. He cupped her head gently, sniffling as he took a deep breath.

"I am so sorry i treated you that way, Bea. You are my best friend, you only wanted to prove that i was safe. You have only ever wanted to keep me safe. Now it is my turn to keep you safe. I see you, sister. I love you." Lo'ak spoke to her softly, hoping she did not cry again. Beatrice fought the tears in her eyes, giving Lo'ak a sad smile as she hugged him tightly, Lo'ak happily accepting the forgiveness.

Beatrice pulled away after a moment, leaning up and placing a kiss on Lo'aks head. She could hear Tuk, Kiri, and Jake making their way over, coming to spend time with Neteyam before the ceremony. She squeezed Lo'aks arm gently before meeting Kiris hug, squeezing the girl lightly once they pulled away. Beatrice picked up Tuk, giving her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek before placing her back down, the kids entering the tent slowly. The woman looked up and met Jakes eyes, Jake grabbing her head lovingly.

"You are still apart of this family, even if you and Neteyam had not mated yet." Jake said softly, Beatrice forcing a smile on her face and nodding. Beatrice watched as Jake entered the tent, her ears lowering as she heard their cries.

She may be apart of their family, but she knew if they could pick, they would have their son back.

If Beatrice could pick too, she would pick the same option.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Her feet immediately started moving, her eyes watching the woven path turn to sand as she made her way to the beach. She clicked her tongue loudly as she stepped into the water, grabbing onto the ilu tightly and beginning her ride.

She couldnt live in a world without Neteyam. He had saved her, but she couldnt save him. It wasn't fair.

Beatrice admired the life around her as her ilu took her to her destination, but despite the life surrounding her, she still felt empty inside.