Simone just nodded, still crying.

"You were right, just like you and Marcus. Tell that nigga I said wassup" Zac lowly growled before lifting his gun, aiming it perfectly and pulling the trigger. The shot was clean, straight to her temple, in one end and out the other.

"Fuck!" Zac yelled before he slammed the gun down on the table.

••••

"He's gonna arrest me" Fatima announced out loud before she took another puff. "I spent all this time starting over and for what?" she shook her head.

Fatima was so caught up in her own conversation, she hadn't realized he was standing at her window.

*tap tap*

She only moved her eyes to watch him use his knuckle to tap her on window, just like a cop.

"Fuck, Im finna do life" she half chuckled and shook her head again. Fatima rolled the window down enough to let some smoke out and so he could hear to her.

"Can I finish this before you arrest me?"

Zac twisted his face up at her, smacking his lips. "Fatima hush and unlock the damn doors. Dramatic as fuck"

She sucked her teeth and took another puff before hitting the unlock button. Her eyes followed Zac as he walked around the front of her car to get on the passenger side.

"Let me hit that" he said simply making Fatima look at him with a smirk. "Here" she said handing it over. " Look, long as I do it while I'm on off the clock and I can pass a drug test" Zac said, letting smoke out through his mouth.

"Facts" Fatima smiled, laying her head back on the seat. She watched Zac smoke and she felt herself getting hot. She hasn't felt him in a week. The way he handled her in the house earlier made her wish she wasn't so pissed so he could bend her over the back of his couch again when the power went out during a storm a few weeks ago.

"Fatima!!" Zac was staring her dead in her face, "You high? Damn, I been calling your name and you just sitting there" he chuckled, passing it back to her.

"My bad" she giggled, shaking her head "no" to his pass. Zac nodded, taking another puff.

"Zac..I apologize for dropping this bomb on you like this. I didn't plan on any of this happening" Fatima said turning to face him. "I just feel so guilty because even though he was blessed to cross paths with your family I was so disgusted, embarrassed and disappointed in myself I made the selfish decision to give my baby up, change my identity and start my life over meanwhile he's floating around in the system for the first few months of his fucking life...then he's a student of mine and was adopted by the man who came into my life and made me want to explore love again" she shook her head, not wanting to cry anymore.

"I just feel bad. I didn't even know he was my son..how terrible is that?"

Zac didn't speak as he let her finally take the opportunity to clear the weight off her chest. He finished the blunt and turned to face her.

"Are you done?"

Fatima's face immediately switched from flustered to disgustingly confused. "Excuse me nigga? You might wanna watch that cause I still ain't forgot about you pulling that damn gun on me, knowing you wasn't gonna use it"

"My bad for that shit babe, forreal" His said, grabbing her hand and touching his chest. He gave her those soft. dreaming eyes she loves so much...

wait..his eyes, she thought. It was almost as if as she peeled back the weight of her guilt, God began to reveal more to her.