16 | Girls Night

Zacznij od początku

"Y-yeah, it does," Isadora nodded as she looked down at her hands and tapped them together, thinking about what Kendra had just said. She didn't know what to think but maybe Kendra was right, maybe Amanda had just been trying to break them up but at this point, Isadora wasn't sure anymore and she was sure she didn't want to speak to Billy right now. Kendra looked towards Isadora and sighed softly before she put the VCR in and pressed play, and it wasn't long until the three girls were singing along to the movie and as Isadora got up and performed her dance routine to Greased Lightning, Kendra and Hazel watched her and both laughed and cheered for their best friend. It was the first time since the school dance where Isadora had felt some sense of happiness.

"Did you choreograph that dance yourself?" Hazel asked. Isadora stopped dance and froze up before slowly nodding.

"Uh, y-yeah," she lied. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows together as she and Kendra looked at each other before shrugging as the movie continued and soon You're The One That I Want was playing and the three girls sang along loudly before bursting into laughter as one song ended and the final song of the movie began. As the movie came to an end, Kendra grabbed the pile of VCRs and started looking through them.

"Okay, so we have a few chick flicks here but I did also pick up some horror movies," Kendra said. Immediately, Isadora looked towards her best friend and shook her head.

"Absolutely not. I am not watching any horror movie," the blonde protested.

"Oh, come on, Isa. Horror movies aren't that bad and you might enjoy one of the ones I brought with me," Kendra told her. Isadora shook her head and Kendra nodded as she put the horror movies down before grabbing a VCR from the pile, "Okay, then what about another chick flick?"

"Sure," Isadora nodded. Kendra put the movie on and the three girls got comfortable as Isadora focused her attention on the movie, but as the girls watched the movie, Kendra quickly realised her mistake in choosing this movie as the movie was about a guy who had placed a bet he could get a girl to date him. Isadora stared at the TV, totally speechless as tears rolled down her cheeks. As she watched the movie, Isadora felt her heartbeat increasing as she realised that maybe Kendra was right, Billy had defended her against Amanda, who had always been trying to break them up and Isadora realised she had let Amanda succeed. If it wasn't for Isadora letting Amanda getting into her, none of this would have happened and she would be with Billy right now.

"Isa ..." Hazel said softly.

"It ... it was my fault," Isadora sobbed softly.

"We can turn the movie off," Kendra told her.

"Why? It's just a stupid fucking movie," Isadora snapped back, as she wiped the tears away from her cheeks as the realisation that she had been the one in the wrong hit hard.

"Is —" Kendra started but the blonde got up and left the room, slamming the bathroom door behind her before collapsing to the ground in tears. Her relationship wouldn't be totally screwed up right now if she never let Amanda get into her head. As Isadora tried to calm herself down, Kendra looked towards the bathroom before looking over at Hazel and sighing softly, "I never would have chosen that movie if I had known what it was about."

"Should we check on her?" Hazel asked.

"Maybe we should just leave her alone for a few minutes?" Kendra suggested. Hazel nodded and the girls waited as Isadora remained in the bathroom, burying her face in her knees as tears rolled down her cheeks. She hated feeling like this and decided to only stay in the bathroom for a few minutes before she wiped her tears away and pulled herself together before making her way out of the bathroom and over to the living room, where her friends were waiting for her.