math

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

603 words

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I walked inside of video verns "hi Sophie!" I say to the girl running the front also one of my only friends.

"hey y/n what are you looking for?" she said doing something with the register before looking at me.

"probably just a fantasy movie I haven't watched" I say walking to that specific section.

"Okay just tell me if you need any help finding something." she says moving films on her desk.

I hum as a sort of response and go back to looking at all the movies lined up together.

I hear the door open but I ignore it thinking it's just a mother with her kids looking for some children movie.

I see someone approach me so I look to see who it is and realize they are just trying to look in the same section I was so I moved over a little bit giving them space to look at the tapes as well.

I skim through them nervously trying to hurry so i don't have to be in the way of the boy also looking at the tapes.

I would be honestly lying if I didn't say he was good looking.

I recognize him from my math class and almost always watch from afar.

most girls and people don't like him in general.

I wonder why because he seems nice enough from what I have heard and saw.

I finally find a tape that looks good enough to watch and be happy with the outcome so I grab it.

I take it out from the display of all the other tapes and smile at the outcome.

I walk past the boy and go to the counter to rent out the movie.

I give Sophie the money and walk out the store.

before going I turn around and see the boy staring at me before I turn around and walk away.
-
I walk into my math class sitting down into my regular seat while the teacher waits for everyone.

"alright for this project we are going to be measuring and building your own houses" (random ass project I had to do last year ☠️)

"for this you need at least one other partner so I will partner you guys up." he says looking at his clipboard.

"Sophie I don't want to be with anyone else but knowing my fate I will probably be with a boy!" I whisper yell to my friend sitting right next to me.

"maybe it will be good for you to get to know some boys" she says laughing.

"oh hush I can say the same about you!" I say as the teacher finishes reading off the names.

"and Gavin with.." he says looking around the room "y/n!" he says and I sink into my chair.

"it's like he knows I have had a crush on him." I say to Sophie as I pack up my stuff into my bag.

"whatever you'll be fine!" I hear her whisper behind me as I start walking over to Gavin's seat.

"hey Gavin" I say smiling my mood lifted as soon as I see him and his curly hair.

"hi y/n" he says also smiling as I set all my stuff down beside me.

"are you any good at math cause I sure am not" I say to him blowing a piece of my hair out of my face.

"I'm okay at it I was hoping you were better than me" he said nervously.

"we can tackle this together then" I say smiling and facing towards him.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I already have so much support thank you!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★