"What's happening, doc?" Lizzie shakily asked.

"Well, according to Mr. Y/LN. Not only did your water break, but he also saw blood as well. I called the nurses to perform an immediate ultrasound to check if the baby is fine so we can proceed."  the doctor said.

They looked at me before nodding their head, "May I have a word with you, Mr. Y/LN?"

I nod before I pressed a loving kiss on my wife's forehead, whispering nothing but a feeble assurance that it's gonna be okay. I followed the doctor out of the room and closed the door behind me.

"Just tell it to me straight, doc. What's going on?" Y/N dragged.

"That's the problem, Mr. Y/LN, we don't know." Then the doctor goes to explain the possible reason as to why Lizzie released so much blood. Telling him that the amount of blood his wife released is not normal.

"What are you trying to say, doc?"

"Let's just wait for the Ultrasound result so we can lay out our options." the doctor said before he walked out. Leaving Y/N alone with his thoughts once again.

He walked back to where his wife was and sat beside her. Lizzie asked him what the doctor said, but Y/N couldn't bring himself to tell Lizzie what's going on. Moments later, nurses came in to perform the Ultrasound on Lizzie.

It was going on smoothly before one of the nurses started whispering something to our doctor, which caused the couple to panic as well.

"Is everything alright?" Y/N asked frantically.

And the next words from the doctor came, "Get an O.R ready stat!" the doctor instructed the nurses. He then turned to look at us, "I don't intend to scare you, but your baby's not breathing.  We could not find a heartbeat. We're going to emergency C-section just to make sure you and your baby are safe."

Everything happened really fast. From the room, to Lizzie being wheeled to the O.R, to the doctor instructing Lizzie to push, and to the doctor saying the most difficult words that anyone could take.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

---

The couple are now back in Lizzie's room. It's quiet, empty, cold, depressing.  Not even a single word was spared. Y/N tried to reach for Lizzie's hand, but she pulled away from him. She is still in shock. After almost a year of trying, eight months of carrying their child, she lost him. Without having the chance to be with him. Even for once.

Y/N called Lizzie's family at her request. Y/N explained what happened through the phone, that Lizzie survived, but their son didn't. He tried to call his parents, but decided not too. He doesn't want them to be devastated while they are away from him.

"I called your mom, and the twins. They said they'll fly out as soon as possible." he said as he sat back down next to Lizzie.

Lizzie sniffed, "I don't know what happened, Y/N. All I know is that I tried. I tried to be careful like you. I tried not to do the things I usually do because you said it might be bad for him. I- I'm sorry. I failed." Lizzie cried.

Y/N gets up and hugs his wife tightly, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Shh, it's not your fault, love." are the only things he could say to his wife.

The pain is suffocating them. They held each other until Lizzie's family came. Lizzie has to stay in hospital for more days to be observed before she can go back to her home with her husband. The funeral came, only the family of Lizzie attended since Y/N still haven't told his parent's what happened, and he was planning to tell them after the funeral.