The First Day of School

Start from the beginning

I gotta say, it could be worse.

Issei replied, mentally.

But don't you miss the fighting and the power?

Not really. I have no aspirations anymore. What's the point of aimlessly fighting and traveling? In the beginning, I wanted to get stronger and I trained hard and fought hard for what I wanted. Now, things seem a bit too easy. I think I've gotten too powerful.

Ahh, but isn't that good? You could do anything you want with your level of ability! Maybe even be a harem king...

Issei just rolled his eyes at the dragon's comment and his perverted tone.

Aww come on! I'm just joking! Besides, what's the point of having all that power if you're not going to use it? Guys would kill for your strength, even the high ranking devils and angels!

Issei thought about that statement. Maybe Ddraig is right, Issei thought to himself, separate from his conversation with the dragon, Maybe I shouldn't just throw away all this power I worked so hard for. Also, the Vanishing Dragon is out there, and I can't deny our destined meeting. Before Issei could doubt his decision any further, he jumped out of his seat at full alert.

Partner, do you sense that?

Yeah, I do, what is it?

It feels like a devil is close.

Already?!

Ddraig chuckled.

You're quite popular, kid!

Do you think they've sensed me?

With that amount of restraint on your power, it would be quite hard, but it is possible.

Say Ddraig, what would you think of me becoming a devil?

Ha! That would be quite interesting! Have you given up on your dream of being a normal human already?

Well, I thought about what you said, and maybe I shouldn't throw away all that I've achieved up until now.

Either way, I'll be with you, kid!

Thanks, Ddraig.

Besides, maybe becoming a devil will give me something to do with my power. I might be able to fight some powerful leaders.

Or create a harem...

Shut it!

"Issei-san!"
Issei looked to the entrance of the school to find Asia running towards him with a big smile on her face.
"Asia, how was your first day?"
"Oh Issei-san it was wonderful! I met so many nice people! Even some boys we're talking to me!"
Issei flinched at that comment and suddenly his bright expression disappeared. Issei always wanted Asia to stay innocent and pure, so the thought of perverted apes drooling over her made him angry and sick at the same time. He pushed the thought away.
"Asia, if those boys ever cause you any trouble, you call me straight away and I'll be sure to deal with them thoroughly."
Asia's cheeks adorned a slight shade of pink.
"O-Okay. Thank you."
"I'll always protect you. I won't let anything ever hurt you, Asia."
With that, Asia's cheeks were red, and she looked at her feet to hide it.
"T-Thank you, Issei-san."
He gave her a warm smile.
"Let's head home then."
"Okay!"