𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

Start from the beginning

Her gaze flickers up as she watch with amazement as giant fish like creatures soar from the sea with wings before splashing back into the water to land.

The Chief Tonowari made his way over to her family. Her parents and him greeted each other with a quiet.

Neytiri glance at her children before they follow in their lead gesturing a greeting.

The crowd parted as a woman made her way through. Mckenzie could tell from her attire that she was Ronal the other leader of these islands. The whole family again greeted her.

"Why do you come to us Jake Sully?"
Tonowari asked.

Mckenzie's father glance around her family before looking back at Ronal and Tonowari. "We seek ukturu."

"ukturu?" Ronal says in disbelief glancing up at her mate to make sure she heard right.

"Yes, a sanctuary for my family."
Though Mackenzie couldn't see her fathers face, she could pick up on how desperate he was through his tone.

"We are reef people." Tonowari says.
Ronal leaves his side and begins circling your family. "You are forest people. Your skills will mean nothing here."

"We will learn your ways. Right?" Jake said looking over to his mate trying to convince Tonowari and Ronal. Ronal sliced through the family's group inspecting each of them from head to toe.

"Yes." Neytiri answered.

Ronal grabbed Neytiri's tail before she walked over to Tuk slightly pulling her arm causing the youngest to flinch away. "Their arms are thin. Their tails are weak." She says yanking Kiri's tail making her yelp. "You will be slow in the water."

Mckenzie watch as Ronal grabs Kiri's hands displaying them to the crowd making her huff in anger. "These children are not even true Navi.

The crowd erupts into a series of gasps.
At this point she just felt embarrassed and made fun of. Her family had just come from a close call fight with the sky people and were looking for refuge. But, now you were all being humiliated like freaks in front of these true Na'vi.

"Yes we are." Kiri says fighting back.

Ronal makes her way through to Mckenzie and grabs her hand. She separated her fingers to bring attention to the fact that she had five fingers. "They have demon blood!"

Mckenzie snatched her hand away from her grip and snarled at her, her eyes burning with anger at the woman. The clan gasped and the warriors were about to attack the family as the girl's family stayed alerted but the chief held out his hand to say, "Stand down."

Ronal wasn't focusing much on her people trying to protect her, she was mesmerized and amazed by the beauty of Mckenzie's eyes.

Jake immediately steps forward attempting to bring the attention away from his daughter with his five fingered hand held up high.

"Look! Look! Look I was born with the sky people. Now I am na'vi, okay. Look you can adapt. We will adapt! Okay?!" He exclaimed, pushing Mckenzie behind him protectively.

"My husband was Toruk Makto." Neytir said as she steps forward at Ronal with pride. "He led the clans to victory against the sky people."

Neytiri and Ronal go back and forth hissing at each other. She was not going to let Jake be talked about poorly and her children getting bullied.

"I apologize for my mate she's come a long way and—"

"Do not apologize for me." Your Mother says sternly.

"And she's exhausted."

"Jake."

The Chief steps forward talking about Jake's accomplishments. "All na'vi people know his Great War stories. But, we Metkayina are not at war."

Tuk pats our Father's leg grabbing his attention and in a swift motion he
picks her up.

"We can not let you bring your war here."

"I don't want war." Jake stated quietly trying to convince Tonowari.
"Okay? I just want to keep my family safe." His tone sounded so desperate that the chief felt the urge to help them.

Ronal and Tonowari share a glance between each other, being able to communicate with each other with a single shared glance.

"Ukturu has been asked." Mckenzie speaks softly. She wanted an answer on whether or not they could stay. And if they couldn't stay, they would leave and find a new home.

After a moment the woman solemnly nod coming in an agreement with her mate before glancing at the family.

Tonowari gestured his arms around to face his people. "Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us." Mckenzie and her siblings exchanged glances to each other, being relieved they all get to stay.

"Treat them as your brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea so they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless." He announced with a small smile.

Jake and Neytiri felt relieved by the decision. "Okay, what do we say?"

Each of the children mutter out thank you's, even if it was against their desires which it was to pretty much all of them except Tuk. Who didn't know any better and just wanted to lie down on some solid ground.

"My son Aonung and my daughter
Tsireya will show your children what to do." The Chief says pointing to girl you saw earlier and the boy who had previously caught your interest.

The boy is immediately caught by surprise at this. "Father why would—"

"It has been decided." He declares.

Mckenzie watched as the boy shrinks back annoyed with a scowl on his face. If she wasn't surrounded by his whole clan she probably would've laughed at him. Rather she bit the inside of her cheek holding it in.

"Come! I will show you our village." His sister said with a smile. It was a stark contrast from her brother who was still standing beside her with furrowed brows and a frown.

——