Fifty-Three - Plans

Start from the beginning

"What can we do?" Yaoyorozu asked. "This isn't like the time we saved Bakugo," She gestured to him. "I didn't have time to sneak a tracking device onto Ren. It's been months. She could be anywhere."

"I know." Todoroki nodded. "There's a meeting tomorrow. Like I said the discussion this afternoon was heated. They had to reschedule an official meeting between the agencies to decide what they're going to do. But I know my Father, he won't change his mind."

"Shit." Ashido rubbed her temples. "So...?"

"So, I think if we could get Hagakure into the meeting, maybe she can get something from it. Their plan, their decision, something. If things go the way I think they will," Todoroki sighed again. "Then if we can just get a location-"

"We can get Ren back." Uraraka chimed in.

The group went silent. The early autumn breeze ruffled the trees lightly, forcing a few fallen ones to swirl above the ground and fall softly again. The crickets seemed too nervous to chirp. The huddle on the front lawn took turns eyeing each other, all except Bakugo who hadn't moved his gaze from the grass.

"Why did you bring me out here?" Bakugo croaked, slowly turning his gaze up to meet Todoroki's. "Did you want my approval? My permission?"

Todoroki's brow furrowed.

"B-Bakugo," Ashido began shakily. "Wouldn't you of all people want to get Ren ba-"

"You're all so fucking hypocritical." He snapped. "Haven't you all begged me to move on? Directly or indirectly you've been waiting for me to just get over it."

"Bakugo, that's not-" Yaoyorozu tried to but in.

"You don't think I haven't heard you?" Bakugo cut her off, his voice rising to a level that made the group have to check the dorm for movement. "Just a highschool relationship, they probably would've broken up anyway!" He mocked.

"Bakugo-"

"Looks like he's back to his old self!" His voice cracked as he continued. "Oh, oh, and didn't Iida himself say Ren's made it clear she doesn't care about her friends?!"

Bakugo ran his hands through his hair, roughly gripping at the ends as he ground his teeth harshly.

"It was all so fucking easy for you guys to move on with your lives. To go about your days... Is that why you're so eager to save her? You've forgotten the hurt she caused. Or maybe it never hurt you that much, huh?"

Much to their surprise, he laughed. Chuckling darkly and deeply in the back of his throat.

"It's been hell, these last few months have been fucking hell. You guys don't even know the half of it... So, what? I just gotta act like they never happened?! Like she didn't walk away from me?! Like she didn't walk away from us?! Every time it feels like I'm coming out on the other side of it all, something has to happen to pull me back in! Ren's in trouble?! Guess I just have to forget the last few months ever happened, huh?! I can't- I can't do this! I don't want to hear it! Don't drag me into your pathetic heroism bullsh-"

Bakugo was cut off when a fist collided with the left side of his jaw. He staggered back from the circle, vision spinning as his hand shot to his instantly aching face. Once his eyes could focus he looked up, gaze landing on Kirishima, who was standing in the spot Bakugo had stumbled away from.

His friend's fist was tightly clenched, teeth barred and brows furrowed deeply. Kirishima's unsteady and seething breath caused him to shake as he stared back at Bakugo.

"Eijiro?!" Ashido chimed as she reached for his arm but he'd already lunged for Bakugo again.

Bakugo barely got a stutter out before Kirishima's fist collided with his cheekbone, this time knocking him back to grass. The redhead was on him in a flash, gripping his friend's sweatshirt with one hand and pummelling his face with the other.