𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

Ray nodded her head childishly, "Yep." She smiled widely with her teeth at the taller girl.

"Pasta again?"

"Yep," Ray replied in the exact same tone, making the others in the booth, bar Leah who fought a smirk, laugh.

Just then, a blonde approached the table in a buttoned up shirt, her hair flicked to one side and rings dotted on her fingers.

"Heya. I'm Velvet, and I'll be your waitress today," the girl grinned, her eyes scanning the table of girls before lingering on Raven, with a smirk, "Do you know what you're ordering yet?"

Orders were discussed across the table, before they were finally jotted down onto the girl's notebook, as she finally turned to Raven.

"And what, pretty lady, would you like?" She asked with a smirk, looking at Raven, as Brooke smiled chidlishly kicking her legs.

Ray glanced up at the blonde waitress, Raven's name rolling off her tongue easily, as their eyes caught on one another's.

The black girl gave the woman her order, not at all entertaining Brooke's thought that they were going to hook up. Besides, Velvet wasn't her type. She had most definitely preferred brunnettes.

The girl smiled as Raven spoke, her eyes scanning up and down the black girl before speaking, "Good choice."

She smiled friendily as the waitress walked away, Brooke and most of the rest of the team, teasing.

Ray rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat, as her eyes caught onto Leah. Leah's arms stayed folded, her blue eyes peircing for a moment into Ray's brown ones, before the girl shook her head and looked at her teammate who was sat beside her with a smile.

Raven's eyes remained on Leah's face, her eyes glancing across her folded arms, before they instinctively clicked back up to Leah's face to meet the eyes that had turned to face her once again. 

The darker girl instinctively cleared her throat, embarrassed that she had been caught staring, and tucking a braided peice of hair behind her ear.

Raven avoided eye contact with Leah for the rest of the night, feeling the ocean prying eyes lingering on her from time to time, her and Brooke just deciding to chatter the waiting time away along with other teammates, to get to know eachother, including icebreakers.

Velvet came back soon after with a giddy grin, her eyes still longing on Raven for a minute, as she stopped by the girl to set down the plates of food, her bare arms brushing Ray's making goosebumps appear on their skins.

Ray pulled back quickly and awkwardly, with a small smile to the girl, as she let out a whisper of apology, "Sorry."

"It's alright," Velvet blushed lightly, smiling back at the girl with the same awkward smile, before giving her a small head nod, turning around with her tray to go get the other tray of plates.

Ray's face pulled up slightly, as she shook her head glancing at the table with a small sigh, Brooke laughing childishly again. Blondes were not her type.

Once all the plates of food had finally arrived, some footballers decided to take pictures and videos, trying to vlog the whole meal and possibly add to their instagram stories, while Ray just rocked back and forth awkwardly, waiting for them to finish, to which Leah laughed to herself quietly when she saw the sight.

Finally, the group had finished their meal, Velvet's eyes catching onto Ray's from across the restaurant, the black girl cursing to herself when she looked away.

The bill was paid almost immediately, some of the group taking desert to go as they all decided to take a few seperate cars back to the team hotel.

"Slight problem," One of the footballers announced to the group with a small nervous smile, clearing her throat, "So, since Brooke and Ray were late, thanks by the way."