"oh— danheng, this is asphodel. they're a friend from highschool," i slightly emphasize certain words. "asphodel, this is danheng, my boyfriend."

asphodel greets him but danheng doesn't respond back, because his usual way of greeting a stranger would be 'it's nice to meet you,' but in this case, it is not nice to meet asphodel. LMFAO

danheng sits next to me on my bedside and asphodel is still somewhat close and in front of us. it starts to get a little silent.

"oh, you said you wanted to talk to me about something?" i recall asphodel's words earlier.

their eyes brighten up at the mention of the memory, and they clasp their hands together. then recklessly, insensitively, impulsively, and rancidly, they bring their next point.

"we should get back together :3!"

IN FRONT OF DANHENG IS CRAZY BRO

like WHY would you say that in front of two people who you are under the assumption that they are dating????? WEIRDO.

danheng seems a bit disturbed and interlocks his fingers with mine, gripping a bit tighter than usual. he eventually responds.

"what makes you think you could ever have y/n?"

???? HELLO)$/9:9;8!;2&18292????!!!! WHAT DID HE JIST SAY‼️‼️‼️🚨🚨🚨

(YEAH GUYS IM WRITING THIS AT 2AM AND IM LITERALLY DOUBLING BACK AT THE DIALOGUE FORMING IN MY MIND LMFAOOO)

my eyes widen a bit at the sudden statement, because i've known danheng to be more gentle with his questions. it's intimidating, but omg he's protecting me (: live laugh danheng bro

asphodel's posture tenses up at the question, a sign in the past that meant they were about to cry. but i'm not sure how they've evolved as a person now.

they will always be unpredictable.

they choose to try and reason with danheng, which i find utterly stupid.

"i know i did wrong things in the past. it's not even questionable— it's obvious. y/n and i were together when i was at my worst state and i stayed because i never knew what it was like to be loved before.

i grew up ostracized, a freak, sickly devoted and therefore possessive. i never knew love before. but i felt it and— and then i lost it. i can't find that with anyone else. ever.

y/n. i'm just asking you to please, love me like you did before. i still love you after all this time, but not in the same way, not in the same direction. i've grown. i've changed. and i'm better now. take me back, please."

i don't know where to look. i don't know how to answer. he's like bob the builder trying to fix our relationship LMFAO

[bob the builder: can we fix it?
his wife: no bob just sign the divorce papers]

i let the information sit in my mind for a bit and almost feel guilty— almost, if it weren't for the fact that i'm still scarred from them deep down.

my eyes start to feel a bit wet, and i know my tears are pooling. heat rises in my throat but just stays there, waiting for me to say something. anything at all.

"THAT'S CRAZY 🤯🤯🤯🤯 gg no rematch," i nod my head understandingly, though i actually just really hate asphodel. like a lot. the audacity to think they can claim me like that is insulting.

danheng squeezes my hand a little tighter before offering his insight on this. "while i hold you to your word that you may have changed, i believe y/n and i have already found true happiness with each other. that is something you cannot take away us."

he pauses for a bit and continues, "y/n is my love. if you claim to know how much it hurts to lose it, don't take them away from me."

if asphodel was not here I WOULD BE SCREAMING ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW but i need to maintain my composure for a couple more minutes until this rat decides to leave.

the silence simmers again for another time and i believe asphodel is trying to process what has been told to them. i'm gonna rub it in their face just for shits and giggles LMFAO

i inhale and begin, "i love danheng, and i've only ever loved danheng." i hold a stable gaze.

"loving you was something powered by fear."

asphodel's eyes are a bit glossy from what i can see, but all they do is nod and exit the dorm. FUCKING FINALLY.

i turn to danheng on my side and give him a really tight hug. "god, thank you. i don't know how you're so good at lying like that. ever thought about becoming a politician?"

danheng laughs quietly and hugs me back. "i'm not a liar, y/n."

his dark strands of hair tickle the nape of my neck as i bury my head into his shoulder covered by the black fabric of his shirt.

"what?" i don't really understand what he means.

he clears his throat almost a bit awkwardly and i feel his body getting a little warmer. "i don't lie to you."

i start chuckling, "it was a really good act though. i'm sure asphodel won't try again after that."

danheng rests his head in the crook of my neck, the rhythmic line of his breathing syncing with mine. i hear the smile in his voice.

"yeah. act."

HI EVERYOBE danheng progression 😈😈😈😈😈 I LOVE DANHENG HES SO BBG

ALSO IM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER TOOK LONGER TO PUSH THAN USUAL HOLY SHT

IM ALSO taking summer school for acceleration so i might not be as available this summer either 😢 ITS OKAY I'LL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE FOR YGS I LOVE YOU