Sooshu (OPM)

"Shuhua!" Soojin yelled from the living room. "Did you eat the last slice of my cheesecake?!"

Shuhua jumped to her feet, panic evident on her face as she called back, "Umm, of course not, honey!"

Soojin's eyes narrowed as she put her hands on her hips and shook her head. "That was the last slice of cheesecake." she peers at at an empty plate on the coffee table, courtesy of her wife.

The TV started to blare from the other room with the news, "...giant monster attack at northern sector of City Z, threat level: Demon, urging any available heroes to report to the scene immediately!"

Shuhua grins at Soojin as she finishes her last bite. "Wow, would you look at that. Giant robots in City Z." Shuhua remarks, grinning wildly. "Now we have to go save the day."

Soojin groans in exasperation, "You better go buy cheesecake on your way back home, do you hear me Yeh Shuhua?"

Shuhua scoffs, "Of course, Mrs. Yeh."

Soojin turns off the TV and hurries to the bedroom to prepare Shu's hero costume. As the couple goes through their daily routine, Soojin watches in amusement as Shuhua throws on her hero costume and checks herself out in the mirror.

"I'll be back with a fresh box of cheescake, kay Jinjin?" Shuhua grins, pecking Soojin on the cheek and heading towards the front door.

Soojin sighs as she watches her wife leave. "That girl," she mumbles and picks up Shuhua's plate that held only small crumbs of the cheesecake that was supposed to have been split between the two of them. Soojin sighs, a mixture of affection and exasperation, and heads back into the kitchen to start dinner.

As she's washing dishes, Soojin can't help but feel the weight of the day catching up to her. As a hero, she has to constantly deal with the never-ending stream of news on giant monster attacks, man-eating plants, invading robots, or some other disaster that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. So she always finds it a breather whenever she can just be a simple house-wife chopping up meat and vegetables to cook for Shuhua's return from fighting monsters.

She smiles, chuckling to herself when she remembers her wife's enthusiasm for being a hero. Shuhua always had been a bit of a dreamer, wanting to go out and experience everything the world had to offer, and becoming a hero was just one of those experiences she was willing to tackle head first while unlike her wife, Soojin was just more realistic, thinking about her career, her family, her responsibilities, and whether or not she even wanted to be a hero anymore. It was perfect blend of rational thinking and wild risk taking that made the pair so inseparable.

The day that Shuhua dropped to one knee and asked one simple question

"Marry me?" she looked so sweet, so innocent, so stunningly beautiful, and Soojin found herself lost in a dream-like state. She hesitated for just a second before saying yes and leapt into Shuhua's arms, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and letting the girl twirl her around for the briefest of moments before kissing her with the passion and intensity of a hundred exploding suns.

It was the day that Soojin felt her world was complete and her heart was whole and as the world around them was still filled with the chaos of monstrosities and villains, she knew that as long as she was with Shuhua, she would always be safe.