"Y/n! What are you doing?" he shouted at me from the backseat, but all I could hear were whispers as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I can't do this! I can't do this!" I sobbed. He grabbed the back of the driver's seat, pulling himself forward, cursing under his breath.

"No, no, no! This is not the time to break down Y/N! We are in the middle of the road; you must keep driving; come on, wake up!" he begged, pleading with me.

"You need to go to a proper hospital," I whispered through tears as he shook his head, attempting to pull himself over the center console and into the front of the car.

"No! Come on, move; if you can't drive, then I will!" he instructed, undoing my seatbelt and grabbing my hands.

"I can't move." I shook violently in the seat, my hands clammy, my face covered in tears.

"Y/n, wake up!" worry flooded my voice.

"I don't want to die, not like this," he whispered to me, but all I could do was stare.

"I want to grow old with you by my side," he finished. My eyes blinked a few times over, trying to comprehend what was said.

"With me?" I stuttered, trying to confirm what he was saying.

"Forever," he cupped my cheek with a bloody hand, wiping the tears away.

"You love me?" I choked back tears, still sobbing, but was able to let out a soft smile.

"I love you, Y/N; I love all of you." The words left his mouth so freely as I sniffed. God, I must have looked hideous right now.

"I love you too; I know I shouldn't and it's so wrong, but..." I started to speak before he cut me off.

His lips collided with mine in all of a second; his hands cupped my face, wiping the tears away; his mouth stained mine; I brought my hands up to his hair.

My mind emptied, and all I could think of was him and how beautiful he was, despite his past and his flaws.

I had Mikey in my arms, and I had no intention of letting him go.

My eyes were sewn shut as I savored this moment between us. I hadn't realized how much I had wanted him or how long I had been craving his lips.

"Y/n." His breath collided with mine; we were breathing each other's now.

"Mhm" was all I could force out of my mouth as I pulled away from him, his hands still lining the edge of my face.

"I'm still bleeding out, but do you need me to drive?" he asked as I shook my head, pulled out a tissue from my pocket, and wiped my eyes.

"No, I've got this," I told him, trying to master as much confidence as I could.

He leaned over and grabbed my seatbelt, clicking it in, before sliding over in pain to the passenger side and clicking his seatbelt in also.

I looked confused.

"To stop the beeping, you know?" he shrugged.

"You know when the seat belt alarm goes off?" I let out a slight laugh and brought my gaze back forward, focusing on the road again.

"Let's go home," I muttered.

He just nodded, glancing down at his leg. The sight of it was gruesome.

My dress that had been wrapped around the wound was now almost completely covered in blood. He didn't have much time if he wanted to make it back to the compound.

Even a hundred and twenty seemed too slow right now.

"Are you ready for a hundred and fifty?" I took a deep breath.

"Go get it," he nodded, taking a sharp breath in and grunting.

I slammed shut the passenger door, and Mikey ran for us. Together, we lifted Mikey out of the car and through the garage into the compound.

"Doctor, please! Quickly, we need a doctor!" I screamed out across the halls, as loud as I possibly could, before someone came running.

"What is it?" A man came running, a tall, pale, and slim man with a mix of light peach and light brown hair and peach eyes. His hair is pulled back.

He didn't look like a doctor, dressed in skinny jeans and a maroon-colored t-shirt.

"You're a doctor?" I asked hurriedly, and the man nodded.

"Yes, Doctor Akari, what happened here?" he demanded, taking in the sore sight of Mikey before his eyes trailed down to the leg.

"He was shot at the assassination! Please, you must help him!" I begged, tears pooling yet again in my eyes as the doctor looked up at me.

"Yes, yes, bring him this way, quickly!" he instructed as both Kokonoi and I hobbled in the direction that Akari led us.

"Put him down here." We lowered Mikey onto a surgical bed. I grabbed his hand within my own, and he glanced up at me with barely conscious eyes as I let the tears stream down my cheeks.

"Miss, you must leave; I need time and space. You can't be in here," the doctor told me, directing me to move and get out.

Kokonoi hustled towards the door, but I was hesitant to follow.

"Y/N, do what he says," Mikey spluttered as I pressed his hand to my lips. He let out a small smile. I returned it.

"You can drive fast," he muttered under his breath.

"I make you look like you drive slowly." I scoffed back at him.

"Miss, please, get out!" Akari hurried me out of the room, where I ran into Kokonoi outside the door.

"He's going to be okay," he told me as I nodded, wiping my eyes.

"He has to be,"