𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

Start from the beginning

~~~|ʚ❦ɞ|~~~

     What the family didn't know when the lights were out, and the sun had set there was a pair of scarlet eyes watching each of them carefully. The only real threat to him was the former Hashira that could barely stand on his own prosthetic leg, the lord of demons was surprised he didn't notice his presence sooner.

     While in thought he sensed movement.

     When Muzan watched closer he noticed the faintest light of a candles flame moving throughout the silent house.

     "Father?" (Y/n) asked, he gently slide open her door not making much noise. "Is something wrong?"

     "Listen to me carefully, flower." (Y/n)'s heart began to beat faster in her chest as his voice became firm. "There is something I must tell you."

     Her father gently closed her door and made his way over to her window shutting it too. His daughter watched him, and panic began to build in her chest.

     "What's going on-" He hushed her.

     "We must speak carefully." His posture became careful and defensive. "We are being watched, my flower, and I'm afraid I know why he has come." His voice so quiet she would've almost missed it if she breathed.

     "He? Who's here Pa?" She whispered back as quietly as possible.

     "The demon king." He grabbed his daughter's hand gently. "He's here for something our bloodline possesses, and if he has it, he will be unstoppable to even the strongest of Hashiras."

     (Y/n) was confused and scared, sweat began to build up throughout her body. It was as if she was cold and hot at the same time, the tone of her father's voice made her aware that he was being completely transparent with her and he was truly scared of something he called the 'demon king'.

     There real. She thought. Demons are real.

     "What is he looking for?" His eyes darted away from hers, and side eyed the window to where the former demon slayer sensed his presence.

     "That I cannot say for certain until he's gone," he mumbled. "But-" He cut himself off. "If something were to happen to me, my flower, i need you to take your mother and sisters and run- as far and as fast as you can without looking back. Do you understand?"

     He was being stern and assertive, this only made his daughter more scared.

     Somethings going to happen to him?

     "Do you understand (Y/n)?" He questioned her again, shaking her a bit.

     "Yes, yes I understand."

     "Good, we'll talk more tomorrow. Rest well"

     That was all that was said before her father left her there questioning everything. (Y/n) stared at her closed window wondering if something really was out there.

     That night she didn't get much sleep her only focus was the fear in her father's voice as he spoke to her. The way his body slightly shook at the mention of him.

     The demon king.

     Muzan.

     Muzan was satisfied with what he heard. He was one more step closer to being victorious and would soon dominate over all of humanity. The demon slayer corps would never stand a chance and wouldn't pose a threat to him anymore.

     In truth, Muzan coincidently stumbled upon this family being attracted to the scent of a marechi, he never knew the whereabouts of his blue spider lily would just fall into his lap.