"You...you have a brother?" Miles questioned and
Y/n nodded.

"He's a scientist...with a great mind and ideas...he graduated early because he was so smart...but I hadn't seen him after his graduation. Only through video calls...so my parents wanted to surprise him with a visit...I kept distracting my father with my constant worries of my brother not missing me...leading him into a crash of a speeding black car..." Y/n looked at their arms, rolling up their suit's sleeves, there were still some faded scars from the car's glass embedded into their skin.

"I was...the only survivor..." Y/n mumbled, covering their arms up again in shame, "A cop saved me...though I can't remember who...it was too foggy to remember...all I knew was...my parents are gone..."

'Because of me...' Y/n thought in their head. 'I should have died in that crash too...I don't deserve to continue living when the others died...'

"Ever since then my brother was given legal custody of me...but even then he was to into his work to take care of me...So I took care of myself..." Y/n finished with closed eyes, before opening to look up at Miles's sadden look.

"I'm so sorry Y/n..." Miles whispered as he placed his hand on top of their hand, "I'm here if you need me...just like you said with Gwen. And just know, It's not your fault..."

Y/n widen their e/c eyes at Miles's words.

Not their fault?

When's the last time they were told that...?

How can it not be their fault when it was...

"Thanks Miles..." Y/n said with a false smile, taking Miles's hand and holding it. Miles felt his heart race, a goofy smile rising on his lips. Though he tried to play it cool.

Gwen and Peter, hearing Y/n's story frowned. Even if they weren't a spider-person, it still hurt to know that Y/n went through something like that on their own. They both could empathize and sympathize with them you could say.

Soon, silence was regained the rest of the way back to the city. Not a unbearable one. But a nice comfy silence to just enjoy together. Especially with Miles and Y/n as they leaned on each other for support, still holding hands.

Once more basking in each other's warm embraces.
———————————————————————————
Ok I know this chapter is short- but I wanted to post another chapter before I go somewhere.

I'll be gone for three days doing some stuff, so I don't know if I'll have time to write stuff out!!

But I wanted to go ahead and post this for you all🫶

ARTTTTT TIMEEEEEE

This is not art for this book, but it is of my very own Spider-Sona AND a Oc that I met/dated in my dream. (Before I got shot and died in his arms only to wake up💀)

Btw, I had to use the photos I posted on TikTok, because I deleted them off my photos. So people don't think I'm stealing or something Idk😭

Meet Spider-Psy and Spider-Oni😎