You both gave quick greetings to everyone before slipping off to your beach house to get settled in before the first dinner. Matthew carried your bags while you opened the front door.

"Oh wow," you stated as you walked in, setting the keys in the bowl by the door. "It's gorgeous." You said as Matthew set your bags down on the floor.

It was so small, the perfect size for just the two of you. The whole house had been done in white, grey, and cornflower blue- coastal colors. Attached to the back of the house was a little deck that overlooked the crystal clear lake water. There was a a little table, and chairs scattered about the deck, and a little outside shower. It was adorable. Matthew had done great picking it out, it was much more updated than the massive one your family stayed in.

"Okay, I don't know about you but I'm getting in the water immediately. It's so hot." Matthew said changing into his swim trunks and Hawaiian printed shirt right away.

"Let me change really quick." You stated, grabbing your bag and heading into the bathroom. You'd packed a numerous amount of bathing suits for the weekend. So many cute options to pick from. However, you'd been dying to wear this super cute baby pink colored bikini. It had almost a velvet feel to it, and just between your breasts was a gold butterfly clasp.

"What do you think, babe?" You asked spinning around for Matthew. His gaze darkened almost immediately, and you knew he loved it. For all his teasing he'd done in the car, this was his torture. You knew the affect you'd had on him, and you'd use it to play to your advantage.

"You look... well, there's no other way to put it than hot." You couldn't help that your cheeks flushed pink at his words. You ignored it, even though Matthew had clearly noticed, and threw on black shades and a cover up before grabbing your premade beach bag. Once you'd had everything, the two of you walked hand in hand to your family's house.

As you walked up to the back of your family's beach house, you could hear your little cousins laughing as they splashed each other. One of your cousin's son, Lucas, ran up to Matthew to show him his beach toys. Matthew immediately dropped to his knees, playing with the little boy in the sand. It wasn't too long until the other kiddos realized their favorite adult had arrived.

"Uncle Matthew!" Addison ran towards him, hugging him tightly without warning.

"Oh my goodness, you're getting so big, sweetie." Matthew said picking her up, resting her on his hip.

You had to admit, the sight of him with kids warmed your heart so much you though it might just explode. You knew what an amazing dad he'd be one day. For now though, he's the extremely fun uncle everyone loves because he feeds them candy, teaches them magic tricks, and gets them riled up before bedtime.

"Uncle Matthew, can we build sand castles?" One of the littles asked, tugging at the hem of his swim trunks.

"Of course we can, buddy." Matthew said shooting you an apologetic smile.

"And now I'm loosing my man to the children," you pouted jokingly as Matthew smiled. He kissed your temple softly still holding onto Addison. "Go have a Margarita, enjoy girls time." Matthew said, pecking your lips softly.

"Mmm, okay." You smiled as you watched Matthew run into the water with the kids.

"They adore him," your mother smiled as she admired Matthew playing with the kids. Te kids loud giggles filled the air as Matthew chased them around the sand. "I know." You smiled lovingly at the sight, your heart swelling in your chest for him.

Your mother knew the look on your face, everyone knew that look on your face. The love you had for Matthew was unmatched. You simply couldn't put the way you felt for him into words. You'd known it for a long time now, that he was the one.

When you walked up on the back deck, your best friend who'd arrived minutes before was already shoving a watermelon margarita in your face.

"Oo la la," your best friend wiggled her brows as she looked you up and down in your lace coverup. "You never change." You smiled wide before taking her in for a hug. You take the frozen liquid in your hand and find a lounge chair to sit it. As you take off your bathing suit cover up you find Matthew shooting a wink your way.

"I can't believe Matthew rented the two of you your own house this year, he's stealing you away." She pouted.

"Stop being dramatic. You're just mad you won't be able to crawl into our bed this year." You laughed, taking a sip of the margarita. It was delicious. "It was our Christina Yang and Meredith Grey moment." She cried playfully before continuing, "bet everyone else is thankful, they won't hear all the moan-" your mother cut your best friend off.

"Ah! Shut up, I do not need to hear about it!" She covered her ears making your aunts and best friend chuckle.

"It's okay, y/n. I think it's romantic that he did that." Your cousin Mandy smiled knowingly. "Thank you, I do too. Plus I'll be lucky if the kids don't end up persuading him into sleeping here, anyway." You said looking at him still playing with your nieces, nephews and baby cousins. It was adorable.

"Seriously, they love him." Your best friend added, finishing her margarita before making herself another.

———————

Later that evening and after eating a delicious dinner, the fireworks around the lake started shooting off. There would be fireworks nearly every day this weekend. It was just what happened up here on the lake. The kids sat on the stairs in wonder as they watched, their little hands covered in chocolate from s'mores Matthew and yourself had helped them make.

You were sitting next to Matthew, in one of his oversized sweaters he'd packed just for you, your head on his shoulder as the both of you watched the fireworks. He turned, placing the sweetest of kisses on your forehead. "I love you." He said so casually, but the look he gave you told you he meant it. "I love you, too." You smiled before kissing him softly.

It was getting late, your yawning was enough to signal to Matthew that it was time to wrap things up. "You wanna head back?" Matthew asked, and you nodded.

"We're going to go for a little walk on the beach," Matthew announced to everyone after asking you if you were ready to go "home" for the night.

"Goodnight, guys." Your mother called out first, then everyone else followed suit.

Matthew and you walked hand in hand with your feet in the sand as you watched the fireworks bursting over the water. The two of you came to a halt, not too far away from your family's beach house, and Matthew looked at you.

"Everything okay?" You asked, only because Matthew looked almost.... Nervous?

"I can't spend another minute of this weekend not asking you this question," Matthew started. "I've known since the first trip here that I wanted to spend every single holiday, and every single moment of my life with you."

Your heart beat started to pick up as you figured what was coming, and you swallowed hard as Matthew kneeled down on one knee, in the sand. He removed a little box from the pocket of his shorts, opening it to reveal a ring. An engagement ring.

"Will you do me the most, extraordinary honor and  marry me?" He asked, his own eyes full of tears like your own.

"Yes, of course." You smiled down at him. His smile grew wider as he slid the most stunning ring on your hand.