Tapping the Rudder Part 76

Start from the beginning

"You're a waste of breath!"

"Okay!" JJ cut in before the twins could argue, "Well, don't you got the money you took from Portis?" JJ questioned.

"I gave that to my dad," John B told him, turning away from glaring at his sister's back.

"Wait, if Dad had money why did I have to go turn the electric on with our squirrel fund?"

"Are you really questioning that, Coralina?" John B scoffed, "Talk about a waste of breath."

Shaking her head, Coral flipped off her brother before going back to making breakfast.

"So, then what about a boat? If we got a boat, maybe we could get down there 'cause the HMS," JJ trailed off, "Yeah you know about the HMS

"So, then what about a boat? If we got a boat, maybe we could get down there 'cause the HMS," JJ trailed off, "Yeah you know about the HMS. Oh, Limbrey! Limbrey has a boat! What if we took that one down?"

"Yeah, no. She took that back and the HMS Pogue is definitely not making it down to the Port of Spain, so out on boats."

"So, what you're saying is, we don't got any money, and we also don't have a boat that can make it to South America."

"Pretty much sums it up," Coral said, handing JJ a plate of eggs before cracking more for herself and John B.

"Actually, I might know a guy," JJ said, taking his plate and sitting down at the table, "Oh, for real, I think I'm onto something!"

"Uh-oh," John B said, looking out the kitchen window above the sink.

"You don't start with uh-oh, dude. You're so negative," JJ complained at the same time that Coral glanced over at her brother as he dropped to the floor, "What's the matter?"

"Get down! Shoupe is out front right now!"

"All right, John B!" called Shoupe from outside.

Eyes wide, Coral managed to turn the burner off before dropping to the ground along with JJ.

"Shit! Come on, get under here," John B hissed, crawling towards a side table against the wall

"Yoo-hoo! Anybody home? John B!" Shoupe called again.