chapter twentythree

Comenzar desde el principio

"I understand your resistance to express all of your emotions to me about the incident since he is my son, but please know i will always be here for you. May i be honest?"

"Of course.."

"He deserves to have to fight tooth and nail for you. What he did is unforgivable, and it is completely understandable if you do not want to continue your courtship. If i know my son like i think i do, though, he will do everything he can to win you back. He asks me many questions about love and how to make you happy. This morning he asked me for help to make it up to you. I told him that this is his mistake, and he must find the solution. You may want to prepare for whatever he has planned." Neytiri spoke firmly, her hand cupping the back of Beatrices head lovingly. "But if you have already made your decision to not give any more chances, please let him know now. Him trying to get you back would not help either of you move on."

Beatrice nodded slowly, sighing. "I do not know how he could make up for such a thing. But... i do love him enough for another chance." She admitted, causing Neytiri to smile. She always loved seeing Beatrice and Neteyam together, their love always filling the room with happiness.

"I am glad to hear that, Bea. But remember, you must do what is best for you." Neytiri murmured, rubbing the girls shoulder. Beatrice nodded once again, chewing on her lip. "What is it?"

"There is someone who said that if it does not work out with Neteyam, they would like to get to know me better.." Beatrice admitted quietly, too nervous to meet Neytiris eyes. She knew the love the mother had for her sons, and did not want to risk upsetting her in any way.

"Well, that is good..." Neytiri spoke guardedly, worrying for her son but still trying to be there for Beatrice. Beatrice noticed her hesitation, realizing she went too far. She fought the frown on her face, taking a deep breath.

"I want it to work with Neteyam, though. I meant my promise with him.." Beatrice continued, her heart aching. "What if he does not try to fix it?" She whispered, Neytiri seeing the fear in her eyes. She hummed softly to Beatrice, cupping her face gently.

"He has already started making plans to, my dear." Neytiri promised, Beatrice nodding slowly. Neytiri kissed the top of Beatrices head, the two hugging tightly.

A voice clearing their throat broke the two apart, Beatrice turning and finding Neteyam. She ducked her head down, her ears lowering as she felt anxiety building in her stomach.

"Mother, can i talk to Beatrice?" He said, asking for privacy. Neytiri squeezed Beatrices arm lovingly, exiting the tent to go find something to do. Neteyam slowly walked up to Beatrice, the girl wrapping her arms around herself as she took a step back when he got too close. Neteyam frowned deeply but took a step back as well, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

"Yes, Neteyam?" Beatrice asked softly, her thumb rubbing against her side.

"I uhm.. i want to start off by apologizing again. I am so sorry, Bea. I do not know what came over me. I know words will not fix it... but if you will allow me, i can try and show you how much you mean to me. How much i love you, and want you." Neteyam spoke softly, looking over Beatrices face, silently begging her to look at him. A few seconds passed before Beatrice slowly pulled her eyes away from the floor, looking up Neteyam slowly until she met his eyes. She saw how his tail flicked behind him nervously, his eye already beginning to heal from Lo'aks punch. She watched as his tongue poked out slightly, him unconsciously grazing his busted lip with it, Beatrice feeling her heart ache at the motion. She slowly nodded once she met his eyes, Neteyam unable to hide the smile that grew on his face. "Are you doing anything tonight?" He asked softly, Beatrice nodding once again and watching as his face fell slightly.