Chapter Twelve : The Last Leaf

Start from the beginning

All of the monsters nearby proceed to sigh with relief as a Rare T-Rox exclaims, "Oh, thank Hornacle!"

Dominion's eyes twinkle a little bit in awe of the convenient rain, but his worries are not gone yet, and neither is the fire. Dominion stares off into the fire and he bites his lip again when Aspen is still yet to make an appearance.

He looks back at his brothers and notice Volare waking up from unconsciousness. The Epic Air Wubbox's wings, arms, and legs fidgeted as he fought for consciousness and his golden eyes finally opened when he looks up at his brothers.

"... Dominion?" He mutters with confusion, as Dominion was the first Wubbox he saw when he woke up. Then he saw Eldoris, Bolt, then Beta, and then the fire itself, which seemed to be shrinking because of the rain.

The Epic Air Wubbox's eyes widened as he nearly shrieked and hid behind Eldoris while looking fearfully up at the sky.

"What's the matter with you?" Dominion asked.

"... Laizard, she..." Volare began then trailed off shortly after.

"Spit it out, runt!" Dominion barked impatiently. Eldoris shot a nasty look at him.

"... she attacked me!"

"She fucking what?"

"Y... Yeah, and— and she's the one that started the fire...!"

Dominion couldn't believe what he just heard come out of Volare's mouth.

This is Laizard's fault? That bitch.

Dominion cursed underneath his breath as he has nothing but anger in his eyes. That god damn Kraigon.

The fire soon enough begins to sizzle away due to the rain, and when most of the fire is fully vanished, Dominion takes no time to power himself through burnt and fallen trees, not even bothering to hear Bolt or Eldoris calling his name in protest. Dominion didn't care what his brothers would do or say to him. Besides, he has better heat resistance than any of them, if anyone is gonna save Aspen, it's him. No one else.

Soon enough, when it's no longer too hot to the touch, Dominion's brothers slowly follow behind him as they looked for Aspen.

"Aspen!" Dominion called out, hoping dearly for a response. "Aspen!!! Where are you?"

"Guys!!" Bolt calls out. "I found her!"

Dominion quickly rushes over to Bolt's voice and pushes him out of the way immediately to get to Aspen. The Epic Plant Wubbox was on the ground, covered by a tree. Dominion throws the tree off of his older sister and kneels down beside her. The majority of Aspen's body was completely burnt.

"Aspen!" He shouted, aggressively shaking Aspen's shoulder. "You idiot, get up!"

Aspen's breathing was hoarse, and her body was shivering, as if she were struggling to breathe. She must've inhaled a lot of smoke.

Dominion can feel his brothers slowly approaching behind him to observe Aspen's condition and he turned his head around to look at them all angrily.

"BACK OFF!" He hissed, hovering over Aspen protectively while slightly hyperventilating. The four Wubboxes respectfully step back, and Dominion turns back to Aspen, who's eyes are now open and looks up at him. "Aspen!! Hey, buddy... it's gonna be okay, alright?"

Aspen breathes heavily before she lifts up her arm weakly and what came out from underneath her was a tiny Pummel. Dominion takes the time to notice that Aspen's core was almost completely hollowed out, like it was dead. Genuine tears rolled down his face. Aspen is in critical condition. The Epic Plant Wubbox was so weak; she couldn't even speak.

"Aspen! If you die on me, I- I will- I- I will bring you back and kill you again!!" Dominion snarled. "You know that!"

"Dominion—" Eldoris began, but Dominion cut him off.

"SHUT UP!"

Dominion looked at Aspen, his vision growing blurry from the tears. His sister was dying. His closest sister was dying.

Then, Aspen's body went completely still. In disbelief, Dominion hurriedly lifted up Aspen's torso to take a look at her core - it was gray. She's gone.

"Aspen? Aspen!" Bolt cried, now kneeling down to the Epic Plant Wubbox and violently shaking her by the shoulder like Dominion did. Dominion slapped the Wubbox's hands off of Aspen and snarled at him to keep him away.

"Dominion! What happened to her!" Eldoris demanded, growing impatient. "We need to know!"

"A$Pe^...?" Beta whimpered from hiding behind Bolt.

Dominion is absolutely in disbelief.

No. No. She's not dead. She's not. SHE'S NOT!!!

Dominion let out another frustrated roar, slamming his drilled hand to the ground, creating a hole into the soil.

"WHY? WHY DID YOU KILL YOURSELF TO SAVE A GOD DAMN PUMMEL? A PUMMEL! YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT!" Dominion screamed, letting out all of his anger through a meltdown. "YOU MORON! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU...! I hate you..." His throat became sore from the yelling and his head hung low in defeat, with Eldoris rubbing him on the back. He didn't even have the energy to push Eldoris away.

Dominion cried and sobbed silently while the four of his brothers around him all stand there in grief. Volare falls to his knees and begins to sob with his wings hovering over his head so nobody could see his teary face.

Dominion's sadness slowly evolves into rage as his crying subsides shortly after. He slowly stands up and has one thought on his mind: vengeance. This is all that Kraigon's fault, and she's gonna pay for it. Without another word, Dominion turns around, pushing through his brothers, and marching to the direction where he last saw Laizard, and that was at Air Island.

"Dominion! Hey! Come back!" Bolt called out to him.

I'm going to make you pay for all of this, you selfish bitch!! You hurt my brothers. You killed my sister. You killed Aspen.