𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸 - 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Are you tormented by memories?"

A voice spoke up suddenly, her voice. She twisted and turned, eyes snapping everywhere around her until she felt a hot breath in her ear. She stumbled back, bumping into a wall to stare up at her demon form, just like in the entertainment district.

"Burdened by guilt.." the demon's tongue was sharp, the words dripping off a blade like blood.

"Now, the question; do you really want more..?" another voice spoke up, watching as her human form suddenly appeared front behind the wall, not facing the halfling, and instead joyfully walking along. "If you don't then..." her human eyes suddenly snapped to her own, a smirk on her lips. "We ought to talk."

"What do you want?" The halfling insisted, stumbling to her feet and slowly making away from the duo to continue her trek around the fortress. "Get out of my head. You're not real."

The human tilted its head, brows furrowed. "No, but to you we are." It smiled, following beside her down the hall, its hands behind her back as she smiled.

The demon appeared on the halflings' other side, the real being now having a demonic left eye and her usual human right eye. "Why the cold attitude?" The demon hummed, smirking sarcastically.

The halfling scowled, swatting her hand at the demon, only for her hand to phase through the demon who sweatdropped at this. It really wasn't real. "I'm not dealing with this..."

The human on her right hummed, tilting its head to the side to watch the halfling, their feet moving in sync. "Oh, now you're getting nervous, hmm?" The human taunted, seemingly innocent, but that was far from the truth.

"Why would I be nervous?" The halfling spat out harshly, fists clenching at her sides, even as her eyes remained forward, every now and then scanning the fortress for any movement.

She had begun to count the minutes the moment she had intaken the men's blood, and from what she could calculate, she had been here for a total of three days. She had taken minimal breaks, not sleeping from the haunting memories and the dangers of the fortress, she's had no food since the last dinner she had back at the Ubuyashiki Estate, and she was fed up.

She knew what Muzan had planned.

He wanted her weak.

He wanted her to be completely alone, isolated, without basic human needs, all to weaken her, and either imprison her, or kill her.

He had been tempting her too.

All around the fortress there had been bodies of slayers and humans all around the different floors, there for her to find.
He knew there was only so much hunger she could deny, and eventually, she would snap, being forced to eat human remains just for her own survival.