X

Fall

My mom let's her boyfriend hit her. I told him to stop and he said he'd kill me if I told, so I left. I cry so much now, and only Ever makes me laugh. I asked her to run away with me. She said that she would pack. So now we're sitting on a bus and I'm scared. I'm scared but my hand is warm because Ever is holding it. And it tingles, so I stop being scared. I try to think about why I love Ever instead of thinking about my mother and her boyfriend. I would never hit her. Never.

Winter

We're cold, and Ever is always mad at me. We ran out of money a long time ago and I don't think she's in love with me anymore. I cry myself to sleep every night. Her hands don't hold mine anymore. Her eyes are hollow and broken. She tells me it's my fault. It is.

Spring

Ever has left me alone. I have nowhere to go but home. I find my house, and there's a "for sale" sign in the yard. I try to open the door, and the neighbor tells me no one lives here. I ask her where I can find my mother. She asks who my mother is. When I tell her she looks at me weird and writes down an address. I follow it.

I end up in a Graveyard.

Summer

It's hot out but my head is cold. I've given up a long time ago. The roof I'm on is wet with the rain, and I hate it because I know Ever would have loved it. I look down from the edge. I say to the sky, I loved you, you know? And In return I get nothing. Nothing is what I've learned to know. I close my eyes, and lean forward. I don't fall though, which is strange, so I open my eyes again. She holds onto me with both hands, and she's crying so much. No, she says, No.

Continued->