It had been so much worse for you since the day you'd spilled your extra extra secret private incident.

Recently, you'd been on a mission, saved the day as you always do, and after the celebration afterwards, ended up sleeping with fucking Miguel O'hara, only a different version of him in a completely different universe. What made matters worse is that you had spilled the whole horrible truth to MJ after far too many glasses of wine. You don't know how it happened, you want to believe you were completely drunk, but that would be a lie since you remembered every detail. The way he completely took over your body, it felt like he was controlling and praising every move you made, the way he touched you and most importantly the way he fucked you like you were his.

Only his.

Ever since that disaster, you'd made sure to invite him around only when you knew she was out, just to be on the safe side. The relentless teasing was enough on its own, but you didn't want to even imagine the way she'd act with the man himself present.

You wait a few seconds after calling for MJ, praying to any universes' god that she wasn't running late and you'd avoided a deadly interaction.

"She really working again? Haven't seen her around for a while" Miguel stated, closing the door behind him.

"Uh yeah likely, she does really enjoy her job"

In reality, MJ didn't really love her job, it was more of a pastime for her really.
No response from MJ's door.

Amazing, terrible situations avoided , you silently celebrate.

"Guess she's on time for once-"

MJ's room door bursts open and she frantically hurries out, a million things in one hand and her coat in the other.

"CHRIST, Y/N WOULD YOU BELIEVE I OVERSLEPT AGAIN!" MJ exclaims, shoving every item franscially into the nearest tote bag. Your heart sinks,
Oh fuck.

"Didn't you set 7 alarms? How could you have-"
"The wine, Y/N, the wine. If I hadn't been so invested in your catastrophic multiversal romance-". With all god's luck, just at that moment, MJ looks up from her flailing and notices who else is in the room. She sees your face, completely red, and oh the one guilty of her current investment, Miguel O'hara.
It's quiet for a moment, and you think you are truly fucked, but MJ simply smiles and continues on.

"Long time no see Miguel, how have you been?"

"I'm alright. You've been busy recently?"

"Well you know, it's been work on top of listening to this one over here go on and on about you and your missions" MJ laughs, winking at you.

"She doesn't mean that, it's not constant" you respond, sheepishly looking at the floor, trying your hardest to hide the blush that's swarming on your face. You don't even want to look at Miguel, yet he's smiling just a bit, and somehow that makes your heart settle.

"We do a lot together, it'd be strange if I wasn't brought up" he says politely. MJ raises her eyebrow and nods over enthusiastically, looks at the pair of you side by side and continues picking up her multiple bags.

"Well it was nice seeing you, but I'm running late. I'll see you later Y/N okay?"
You sigh and wave at her, all the embarrassment has made you completely non verbal.

"Anything I can do to help around here while you're gone Mary Jane?"

MJ looks at you again and points to him "This guy, calls me Mary Jane? Polite guy, I get why she likes you. Don't worry about a thing, you're our guest, cariño! "

You want to fall off a log, and then another log, and then several other logs until you become a fucking log instead of existing in this situation. She thinks it's funny to remind you of how crazy you got when he had called you that during your... time.