III - Higher Power

///
part three - higher power
///

///part three - higher power///

///

Ivy

It was early, I liked getting to work before the rest of the team. By this early hour, the sun was still trying to rise, an orange haze overtook the sky. Sometimes, I had to wait in my car for someone to open the building. Security would arrive and allow me in. On those mornings I could get a decent cup of coffee, marked as heavenly when compared to what was drank at the office.

Today was a decent coffee kind of day.

"Good morning, Ms Auclair, how are you?" My favourite security guard asks as I enter the building.

"I'm good Richard, how's Sharon?" I asked as I scanned myself in.

"Sharon's good, she got a sweet sweet promotion. Vacation in Florida is a go!" He excitedly explained.

"That's great, I'll see you later."

The office was dim and bland, the lobby area was painted a light grey and the ceiling lights were tweaking out constantly. The building itself was extremely old but the inside was able to hide that well. It reminded me of death, every wall with a portrait of a fallen agent that led right up to the elevator.

When the doors to the fifth floor opened and I arrived at my desk, I noticed one light on. The top office that overlooked the bull pen. It was never on this early, usually my boss came in at least an hour after me.

I dropped my bag at my desk, pulled off my oversized leather blazer and sat down at my desk. The chilly mornings were felt in the office and as I opened the first case file, I felt eyes burning into me.

Hotch

The past few weeks have led to files piling onto my desks, reports unwritten and unsigned. I wasn't staying late, I gave up those types of hours for Jack.

The office is dark. There is something so strange about a place usually so busy being so empty. No lights on except my own. No people accept me. I know what the task at hand is, clear a massive stack of paper off of my desk. I just can't.

In the past few weeks I've lacked focus, my mind has drifted to another place. I can't concentrate.

The reason why has a separate file sitting on my desk.

It's waiting on me, I have neglected it. Almost on purpose. It seems better to neglect her than grasp what type of wild card she might be.

I'm so unfocused that a half hour of my supposed catch-up type has been spent staring and debating. I know I should have read the file as soon as I received it but knowing she was desperate to impress me with whatever it holds gave me so much more joy.