V - Flight Risk

///
part five - flight risk
///

season 4 episode 3Minimal Loss///

season 4 episode 3
Minimal Loss
///

Nerves settled in as Ivy sat down in Strauss's office.

"Erin," She smiled.

"Ivy, how are you?" She smiled, sitting down in front of her. Both of her legs were flat on the carpeted office floor, facing the women.

Ivy didn't know why she had been called before her boss. She had arrived at work in her typical early fashion, doing paperwork and getting a good cup of coffee. The only way that her new routine had shifted was in terms of her boss. Instead of ignoring him when he arrived, usually burying her head in papers or rushing off to the bathroom, she had been speaking with him.

It was a nice conversation, sometimes regarding a case and sometimes about their post-work plans. Ivy would go as far as to label it as pleasant.

"I am sending Agent Prentiss and Dr Reid to La Plata County to investigate an alleged child abuse case within the Seserian Sect. I feel as though you would have a unique perspective on this and I'd like you to join them if that is okay?" She asked, leaning forward into her desk, interlacing her fingers and looking at Ivy.

"Why have experiences if you're not going to use them? That's fine Erin," Her boss looked at her for a moment, "I will be fine, Erin."

"I know that, I knew that when we found you, you are a lot stronger than the majority of us ever will be," She smiled but, something shifted and Ivy knew that there was a secondary reason she had been called before her. "Agent Hotchener has requested access to your complete file."

A look of shock polluted her face. In Ivy's eyes, the case of her file was closed. She didn't have to explain herself because it was not relevant to her position. She also believed that they had put their differences behind them, moving past the unnecessary resentment.

"Excuse me?" She spat out, not knowing what else to say.

"He wants to know everything but, I've already blocked the board from giving it to him. The only people who will know what happened to you are sitting in this room and I will continue to make sure of that," She replied, making Ivy feel safe in her past.

"Thank you, Erin, for everything," She smiled, standing up to leave the rather large office and watched as Strauss put her glasses on, starting on some paperwork.

"Oh and Ivy? Try not to kill him. I'm not in the mood to have to hold interviews for a new Unit Cheif," She remarked without removing her eyes from the pages in front of her.

As Ivy left the office, she felt a wind in her step, hearing her heels click off of the tiles and her face form a scowl. She was beyond pissed off as she partially matched into the bullpen and unintentionally ignored the team sitting at their desks as she made her way to Hotch's office.