Case of Assault Incident Class D

Start from the beginning

Odd.

Didn't Suzune also tell the group how even if Sakura Airi was willing to testify, it wouldn't mean much anyways? Yet he had still excitedly (in Suzune's imagination) agreed to go out with Kushida and Sakura.

Very odd indeed.

For now, classes were over which meant the hearing was about to begin.

Suzune had volunteered herself and Ayanokoji-kun to speak in Sudo's defense because, well, it just wasn't a good idea for self-representation here. The defendant, Sudo, was with them plus Sakura as their witness, looking around nervously.

With Chabashira-sensei, the four students headed to the Student Council Room where the actual hearing would take place. Apparently, for such cases of arbitration, a settlement between the concerned parties, the homeroom teachers of the respective classes, and the student council was required.

With every step they took towards the room, Suzune's heart trembled as if she was on death's row. Thankfully, her nervousness wasn't showing, or at least, the one that did notice chose to remain silent.

After climbing to the fourth floor, they made their way to a door with a simple cardboard next to it that wore "Student Council Room". The knock on the wood caused Suzune to wince yet it was her own heart's thumps that echoed in her ears.

Inside, two long tables faced each other with one more perpendicular in between the two. Already, the three students from Class C were seated on one side with a bespectacled man who was probably their homeroom teacher. Each sported various bandages and visible bruises with one of them even needing a cast for his arm.

"Sorry, we're late. You're early, Sakagami-sensei."

"No, you still had five minutes until the scheduled start time. I just want this to be over with."

The usual small talk between the two adults flew over Suzune's head as all her attention was on her Nii-san who was, unexpectedly, not sitting at the center. Instead, he sat on the right of a student Suzune did not recognize flanked on the other side by who looked to be Tachibana-senpai, the secretary of the student council.

Even Chabashira-sensei looked confused.

Suzune didn't question it, instead directing her gaze at her Nii-san who didn't even spare her a glance compared to the other documents in his hand. Being lightly nudged by Ayanokoji-kun, the younger sister turned her eyes away and took her seat along everyone else.

With all seated, Secretary Tachibana stood up to read from her booklet.

"Well then, today's hearing is related to a reported violent incident that occurred last Tuesday. Those present include the members of the student council, the involved parties, and their homeroom teachers. I, the student council secretary, Tachibana, will preside."

"To think that the student council president would come in over a little brawl like this," spoke up Chabashira-sensei with a sarcastic smile. "All by chance, right?"

"Because I am quite busy, there are certain agenda topics upon which I will defer. As a general rule, though, I would prefer to attend to these issues, as I'm entrusted to lead this student council." The student council president instead turned to the unknown student sitting on his side. "However, I do have good reason to be here."

At that, the unknown student stood up, a male with long dark hair and red eyes. "Good afternoon to all. My name is Kamukura Izuru of Class 1-A, a newly appointed Vice President for the Student Council. I have been given full responsibility and power for today's hearing. While I haven't been in position for long, I'll make sure to live up to my title. It's nice to meet you all."