Confrontation

I jumped back at the sound of such formalities. Miss Sumners?  Sure, we had our fights, but why this distant? "Sebastian, please," I murmur. He then sighs. What did I do to hurt him? Was I toxic? Was I a bad friend?

"Riley told me something like this would happen. Why did I have to be your fiance?" Sebastian asked, his eyes began to erupt a volcano of tears. "I'm sorry Sebastian," I whispered as he plopped down onto the couch, crying into one of the pillows.

Sebastian sighed. He then turned to me, his eyes red and puffy.

"Casey."

"What is it?"

"Do I really have to get married to you?"

My teeth gritted in anger. Well, no duh! Was I that unattractive?

Sebastian saw my disgust at his insult. He grimaces too as I throw a pillow at his face. A red mark remained on his flawless skin, leaving him angry and sad at the same time. At least, he looks sad. My tears hit the floor, knees falling to the ground. "I-i'm so sorry, Sebastian. What have I done to you?" I spat. The whole atmosphere seemed fake and plastered with waste, since this room was meant for lovers. We aren't lovers, we were ex-bffs. It made my heart sink to see him so mad at me for a reason I didn't know. The truth was, I missed him a lot.

"You want to know why Casey?" Sebastian growled. I nodded, really hoping he would ask why he hated me so. "You stopped talking to me after middle school, Casey. How dare you!" he shouted wildly, almost loud enough to burst Casey's small eardrums.