He relaxed slightly, but his grip tightened on the paper. I noticed a smear of brown that I assumed was dried blood.

"Can I see?" I asked gently.

"Leave me alone," he snarled, "Just go."

The venom in his voice made me recoil and I slunk back to my seat two chairs away.

I risked going on Twitter. I was immediately greeted with frenzied tweets from our fans.

Somebody had somehow gotten a picture of us sprinting into the hospital. It was obvious that Zayn, Louis, Niall and I were there and Harry was not. Along with that picture, I saw some that had been taken in the waiting room. I should have been surprised, but I wasn't. A fan must have recognized us and taken them while they waited. There was only a teenage boy with hot pink hair and a older woman, so I assumed that whoever had taken the pictures had left.

I looked at them. There was one of Louis when he was yelling at the doctor, demanding to see Harry and one of him as he was now, completely blank and ashen. There was one of Niall curled up in a ball on a chair, hugging his knees as he cried into Zayn's shoulder. I had a feeling that there were more but I didn't look.

I knew that we had to tell our fans the truth. Paul had called management and told them. They were apparently horrified and promised to do anything they could to help Harry get better.

I beckoned Paul over from where he stood by the door, looking distraught.

"The fans know that Harry's in the hospital. Somebody got pictures of us in here. I want to tell them," I explained.

Paul nodded and sighed.

"What will you say?" he asked.

"I want to tell them the truth. Obviously not why, but they don't deserve a bunch of lies," I said.

"I'll call Modest! and make sure they think that's okay," he said.

A few minutes later, he came back and said that management had given me permission.

'You've probably all seen the pictures, and we feel that you guys deserve to know the truth. Harry tried to commit suicide today.'

'He has been stabilized but he isn't awake yet.'

'It is in no way our fans' fault, it was because of something personal to him.'

'We really need everyone's support right now so please send your thoughts this way.'

'I'll try to keep you guys' updated.'

Twitter immediately exploded as soon as I posted the tweets. Within minutes 'Get Better Harry', 'Pray For Harry', 'Harry Styles', and 'Pray For 1D' were trending. I had to appreciate our fans' concern and horror when they learned the news.

The same doctor who had told us that Harry was going to be alright came out again and approached me.

"Come with me," he instructed.

Louis instantly stood.

"What about me?" he asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Just Mr. Payne right now. I just need to go over a few things with him about Harry's condition," the doctor replied calmly.

Louis looked like he was ready to flip out again, but Paul noticed and came over, taking Louis's arm and sitting him back down.

I followed the doctor quietly and he led me to a room. He opened the door and I shuddered as I saw Harry laying in a bed. It struck me just how small he looked. Harry was tall, he was taller than anyone in the band. But now, seeing him so weak and thin, he just looked so small.