Chapter 1

A/N

If you haven't read Haunted, go read that because this is the sequel! Okay! That's all!

Love you!

A/N: I wrote this almost ten years ago and feel like I should mention that there are some very insensitive remarks regarding sexual assault, suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, etc, and not the best portrayal of these things. I was in middle school when I wrote this, so I apologize for my lack of sensitivity and understanding.

************************************

Liam's POV

I had never been an impatient person, really. But sitting in a dismal waiting room in the emergency room and just barely clinging to my sanity, I was ready to hit the roof.

I was going out of my mind with fear and worry. A doctor had come out after three painfully long hours and explained to us that after getting his stomach pumped, blood transfusions, and a dose of charcoal to help get rid of any remaining medication, Harry had been stabilized but wasn't awake yet, nor would he be for a while.

I spent the time washing my hands repeatedly, trying to get any trace of blood off of me.

I couldn't get the image of Harry out of my head, collapsed in a pool of his own blood. I hadn't even thought he was alive until I found a rapidly slowing pulse. I'd immediately wrapped two of Harry's shirts that I found on the floor around his bloody wrists and forced him to keep breathing with CPR. It had easily been the most terrifying moment of my entire life.

I shook the memory out of my head and focused on Louis.

He sat two chairs away from me, staring numbly into a space a few feet in front of him. His hands folded and unfolded a letter that I had found addressed to him on Harry's bed. Louis wouldn't let any of us read it. He wouldn't even let us near him.

I had seen Harry cry so hard that he couldn't breath on multiple occasions, but how hard Louis had been crying easily beat anything I had ever seen. When we had first arrived at Harry's flat and gotten into his room, Zayn had had to hold Louis back from getting to Harry. Louis had been screaming and thrashing around and Niall had eventually had to help Zayn wrestle Louis into a different room. Judging from the bruise that had formed on Zayn's cheek, Louis had not been happy about that.

When we had arrived at the emergency room, Louis had been so hysterical that we had had to give the staff permission to administer a mild sedative. Now, Louis had settled into what a doctor said was shock.

Zayn periodically came in to see if there was any news, but he mostly stayed outside and smoked. Niall was keeping him company and I had a feeling that Zayn wasn't the only one smoking.

Anne, Harry's mum, had been called and she had left immediately, but had called me to say that there had been a bad accident and traffic was backed up for close to a mile and that she and Gemma wouldn't be arriving as quickly as they wanted to.

"Lou?" I asked softly. I knew that he was in shock, but the doctor had suggested to periodically try to get him to talk.

He didn't respond and he refolded the letter.

"Lou, please, I just want to know what Harry told you in that letter," I begged.

His hands stopped as they started to unfold it and he looked at me sharply, bloodshot blue eyes cold and harsh.

"Everything," he croaked, "That bastard told me everything."

Then he turned back around and resumed unfolding it.

I stood up and sat down next to him and he flinched away as I tried to hug him.

"C'mon, Lou, we both need somebody right now and Zayn and Niall are together smoking up a storm," I said.