The Northen Lights

During winter, I witnessed the Northern Lights. It's like feeling a spiritual connection with a person, and if I had to speak in a religious context, it's like a connection with God.

I can't express my feelings more than enough, it's as if you need to be there to experience what I saw and be on the same level of spirituality that the Aurora captured me with.

The natural light display that shimmers so brightly in the sky, capturing the attention of anyone within its vicinity.

Curtains, that's what the light looks like, it's like curtains blowing softly.

The blue, red, yellow, green and orange shifting and creating dynamic patterns that would amaze a young child with just one colour covering the sky.

The soft music playing in the background as you gaze into the beautiful night sky, with all the colours shifting slowly and you begin to wonder what's causing this.

Arden wraps a blanket around me and hands me a hot cup of cocoa. He's just so sweet.

Admiring the aurora together, Arden becomes slightly restless, as if he's a bit uncomfortable standing next to me.
I try to close the gap in between us, but he keeps shuffling away, I wanna know why.

"Arden, what's wrong?" I ask concerned.
"Nothing really it's just.." he stops mid sentence and stares deep into my soul.
I notice his eyes are on my lips, I lick my lips seductively in a way to tease him.

"Stop doing that, i'm gonna go crazy." Arden begins to breathe heavier.

"Stop doing what?" I question acting dumbfounded.

"Leila.." He catches himself saying my name,
"Arden." I say his name back.

He puts my hands in his.
"Leila, I've loved you for so long. Ever since I met you deep down I always knew you were the one for me. I can't stand seeing you with other guys, I just want you to myself. I know you probably don't feel the same way but I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you even if you don't love me." Arden rants out so suddenly.

"Arden I.." I begin trying to find the right words to say. He holds one of his fingers to my lips.
"Don't say anything please, I don't want to cry in front of you." He chokes out.

I move his hand and begin to kiss him so passionately, I never want to let him go. My own cheeks feel wet but i'm not crying.
I pull away from our heated kiss.

Arden's cheeks are stained with tears, his eyelashes wet and sticking together, the red tint to his cheeks. Everything about him is so beautiful.

I pull the hair away from his face, I admire his beauty, taking in all his features.

I wipe away his tears, "Arden you're my beautiful boy you know that." He's like a little kid sometimes.

"I'm sorry for crying, I didn't mean too in front of you and ruin your night." He says very apologetic.
I kiss him on his forehead, tiptoeing to reach it.

"You've done nothing wrong, you made me realise what i've been missing out on this whole time." I admit quite happily.

Arden pulls me in for a big hug, engulfing me in a bear hug. He doesn't seem to want to let me go, it's as if he wants me to stay in his arms forever. I wouldn't mind that if i'm being honest.

I'll love him forever and I mean that.