The House of Dragons Stands United

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing boy!" he spat. Alicent also ran up to me and looked at me with a shocked face, but her eyes asked the same question her father did.

"Saving us," I answered, looking at her and giving no attention to him. The room echoed with confused whispers.

Just then the bells began ringing in the dragon pit. They were always used to notify whenever dragons were coming to Kings Landing and that's what they indicated now. The dragons had come.

The confusion instantly turned to fear as the lords came to the same realization.

"What have you done?" Alicent questioned with a scared look on her face but immediately turned her attention towards Helaena.

"Is that where you rode off to? You helped Rhaenys escape? You betrayed us!" Alicent began to take a step towards Helaena, but I stood in front of her.

The doors of the throne room burst open. I gave a smug smile to Otto before we all turned to face the door. Rhaenyra walked into the room graceful as ever, but her face clearly showed she was not here to play games. At her heel walked Daemon, towering over her, his hand gripped tightly around Dark Sister's hilt.

There was a deadly silence in the room as the lords stared at the Dragon Queen in fear.

Rhaenyra, however, did not look at any of them. Her eyes stayed fixated on the Iron Throne as she walked towards it. Daemon, on the other hand, kept his eyes moving. His eyes followed every movement in the room, but he gave constant attention to Aemond, Otto, and especially Criston Cole. Ser Erryk covered Rhaenyra's left side while Ser Harrold covered her right. Ser Arryk used the time to position himself behind Criston.

Everyone's breaths were stuck in their throats as Rhaenyra climbed the steps of the throne room. Ser Harrold took a few steps ahead and nudged Otto and Alicent away.

"My Queen," I addressed, bowing my head. It was the first time since she entered the room the Rhaenyra peeled her eyes away from the Iron Throne. Instead, she looked at me and gave a slight smile.

Suddenly the room filled with a frightening whistled screech just outside. Caraxes was easily distinguishable from any other dragon. His screech was answered by a few others. It was deliberately made aware several dragons occupied the airspace close to the Red Keep.

The screeches sent visible shivers down the spines of everyone in the throne room. Daemon couldn't hide the smirk that formed on his face watching these lords squirm where they stood.

I took a few steps and grabbed the High Septon.

"Do what you were brought here to do," I ordered, shoving him towards Rhaenyra. The poor fool missed his footing and crashed into her husband instead. The look from Daemon made the High Septon shake violently.

Finally, Rhaenyra turned around, facing the Lords, the throne at her back.

"Begin," she ordered.

It took the High Septon a moment before he realized that that was his queue.

"M-M-May the Warrior g-give her courage," he stammered. "M-May the Smith lend strength to her sword and shield. M-May the Father defend her in her need. M-May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light her way to wisdom."
In the meantime, Helaena walked up to Rhaenyra and brought father's crown as I had asked her to. The two sisters were face to face and gave each other genuine smiles. Helaena handed the crown over to me.

"Sister," Rhaenyra said softly.

"My Queen," Helaena responded. She gave a courteous bow and stepped to the side.