𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞. memorable summer

HAUNTED
୨⎯ prologue ⎯୧

bianca didn't even want to go

but it was either go on this summer trip or go to summer school. any sane kid would've chosen the summer trip any day. that's what bianca did, no matter how much she would rather stay home and spend time with her friends, going away for the summer sounded better than summer school.

"come on, bianca. get off the couch and help us load the car!" her mom, lena, shouted.

"let her be, lena. we don't need any help." her dad, blaise, chuckled. lena rolled her eyes going to start an argument that usually resolved around bianca but blaise only leaned down and kissed her cheek calming her down. "leo come help us out!"

bianca's older brother, leo. he's only three years older than her but that doesn't stop them from fighting with one another. it was all love. bianca made sure to sit in the furthest couch from the hallway that went to the outside door just in case leo wanted to annoy her with bumping into her. she's already mad that they have to go away for the summer she doesn't need her buttons to be pushed.

"honey, why are you so mad?" blaise said kneeling down in front of the 8 year old girl that had her arms crossed over her chest, leg on top of the other and her face was all knitted together.

"dad what are we even going to do and with who? and we're going to be there all summer? what about my friends? olivia invited me to the water park and we were going to be able to go on the huge ones! over there, it's beach. plain boring, beach." bianca huffed uncrossing her arms and looking at her dad.

blaise stood up and sat on the arm of the couch. he leaned back and wrapped an arm around bianca pulling her to his side. "i know that you want to have your own fun, baby. and that hanging out with your moms best friends weren't exactly your idea of summer. but guess what," blaise then whispered over to bianca, "neither was mine."

bianca gasped softly and glanced up at him.

he held a smug look nodding his head. "i was planning on working on the pool inside of our backyard this entire time. making sure it was fun, with a huge slide. i was going to invite some of my guy friends for beer, chat, make carne asada, play pool and relax with my amazing family. but then your mom said that her friend invited us to their beach house that is huge. i told her i'll think about it, i did. and i realized that i can drink beer with the other dads over there, chat. i can make my famous carne asada, play pool and relax. just in a different environment."

"what am i going to do?" bianca asked.

"you can learn how to surf." he said shrugging his shoulders. he chuckled loudly at the fact that bianca made. "i can teach you, baby. it'll be fun. and plus, you'll be the only girl at that place that will now how to surf because i bet you all those other girls rather play tea party."