Part 11: New Chief is who?!?!

Start from the beginning

"Holy crap, is she dead," Ginro said worriedly.

"Y/n! Please don't die," Suika cried out.

The sound of a roar could be heard. The villagers noticed Neman running to you. They backed away, clearly scared as some even tried to attack but Kohaku and Kinro told them it was okay. Nemean started to nudge you but you didn't respond. Nemean whimpered a bit since you weren't responding. He continued to lightly nudge you, just trying to get a reaction from you when he felt a hand on him. Senku came in between you two and carefully picked you up. He placed you on his back and then went to place Chrome as well with Kohaku's help.

"Watch over them, I'll be there a minute," Senku said softly.

Nemean gave a low roar and carefully went back to the kingdom of science. Senku sighed as he went back to the business at hand.

*Timeskip, Lab*

You slowly start to wake up and notice you were back in the lab laying on the table. You sit up and feel the sharp pain on your hip. You touch your hip to see that it was already treated. You looked down to the floor and saw Chrome still passed out but less beat up.

"How did we...."

"Oh good you're awake."

You look at the entrance to see Senku standing there with a bowl with two sticks with some kind of cloth over the tip of them.

"Senku..."

"I had Nemean bring you two back here," Senku admitted. "But you know, you really scared me back there. I thought I lost you and that is the last time you get injured and not tell me, got it?"

"Yeah..."

You look down at your hip and gently touch it. It still hurt but at least it was now treated so you were gonna be fine. You then remembered something which made your eyes widened.

"So you were the first one of us to get married," you said softly. "I guess this means a congratulations are in order but I thought I'd never see the day you get hitched."

You give a soft laugh as you try to play it off as if you were fine but it hurts saying that.

Sebku chuckled. "Yeah, thanks, but I divorced her."

"Wait, what," you said, shocked but honestly relieved. "That fast?"

"Well, I didn't have any intention of marrying her in the first place," Senku stated. "Besides." He took your hand into his. "You and I already made a deal or did you forget."

You were a bit confused until you remembered what he was talking about.

"Of course I remember, I mean I was the one who made it in the first place," you stated. "But just because we have that deal, that doesn't mean you could just divorce someone like that to fulfill a kind of dumb deal with a friend."

"Well I didn't divorce Ruri for the sake of the deal," Senku clarified. "I divorced her because it is illogical to be with someone who you have no feelings for and it's even more illogical to marry someone you just met despite what animated movies tell you. I also had to continue with making the drug and reviving civilization." He sighed. "Besides, if I had to marry someone, I would like it to be you and not just because of the deal."

"Are you being serious," you asked.

"Come on, you know I'm not one to mess around with things like this," Senku said. "Plus I thought I already made my feelings clear when I said I love and care about you."

"So you do love me," you said softly.

"You're the only person I love and will ever love," Senku admitted.